Author Topic: my cauliflower soup  (Read 1452 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
my cauliflower soup
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Umpa, you had asked about my cauliflower soup on one post but I cannot find that post now. I am not much on knowing how to do a recipe, but I took Doug's Squash soup recipe and kinda used that as a guide.  I took two 12 oz. bags of frozen cauliflower and cooked it than put it in the food precessor to mash.  Meantime on stove I had 3 T of butter melting, than added 4 c. heavy cream, 1/2 c. sour cream, 1/2 c. shreaded cheddar cheese and salt and pepper to taste, stirring often.... I added the mashed cauliflower to that and let cook another 5 min.  It may of been a little too thick but we loved it.  Do you think if I had cut the heavy cream in half and used some veg. stock it would of been better?  I always loved potato soup and my mom always put cheese in hers so this was the next best thing. True comfort on a cool rainy night.  Next week I plan to try some of the chili recipes you all have as we love chili, but not too spicey, my tummy cannot take too spicey.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: my cauliflower soup
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »
I think stock chicken or vegetable would thin it out.Really nice recipe.I would add some chopped steamed cauliflower/or yellow turnips for chunky soup.Mouseissue will love this one,its hearty ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:59 AM »
COOL!!!... Another yummy recipe for the Fall! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:31:49 PM »
This sounds really good. I'll have to figure out the carb count and all that sometime.

My family loves a potato bacon soup I make in the crock-pot. In fact, my oldest daughter has requested it for her birthday coming up, so I'll be making it for her soon. It uses potatoes, condensed milk, onion, bacon, chicken bouillon cubes, and cheddar cheese.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 08:36:02 AM »
just replace the potatoes, and the condensed milk is in the Bakery book ;)