Author Topic: I blew it  (Read 2690 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
I blew it
« on: September 25, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »
I blew it ya all :'(
Weighed today and had gained 2 pounds it said. I had not cheated, but felt I have had too much cheese and too much sf products the last couple days.  So I was under some stress today and depressed about the weight gain, so I broke my fts diet for first time in 6 weeks.
Now I am sitting here feeling pretty sicky at my stomach, like eating carbs again really made me feel really  bad and nothing tasted good at all.
This I can guarantee you, I am going back on the FTS lifestyle in the morning. Pray for me.
With God all things are possible
Rosie

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I blew it
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »
Oh Kfaith,

Don't be too hard on yourself.  Your my buddy!  Maybe it's okay that you went and ate the bad stuff, because now you know how sick it made you and you won't want to do that again!

I'm praying for you, and I know that you out of all of us are not going to let this (1 day) ruin the rest of your life!!

Drink some green tea, maybe it will make you feel better and also make you go to the bathroom (get rid of all that yuck) 

As you guys have all been here for me all weekend, I am here for you. 

Get some sleep and make tomorrow the first day of the rest of your life.

Good luck.  Mary

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:02 PM »
Good advise Mary!!   Kfaith just keep looking forward and try not to be so hard on yourself.  Most of all don't be a slave to the scale.... your weight will go up and down naturally.  Wouldn't it be a shame if you made yourself feel so bad over waist or water weight that your body hadn't let go off yet   ;) ;)   I guess what I am trying to say is there are so many things that can make us gain a few lbs and the next thing you know it is gone.  Like Mary said use it for future week moments and remember how sick it made you feel over something that really wasn't that good.   Tomorrow is a new day dear.... You've got this and we are here for you  ;)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Thanks Girls, I have been sipping on some club soda, tummy is doing some better now, going to bed in a few minutes, yep tomorrow is a new day and I plan to keep on keeping on.
Rosie

binky04

• I used to live to eat. Now I eat to live :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
You didn't blow it. Tomorrow will be better!  Just reread the book and start over.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  Good luck!!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:26:32 PM »
Kfaith, you will be fine!  One day is nothing compared to a lifetime.  Don't fret over the scale.  I just set my ticker to my lowest weight, then I just wait for the next time it goes down again.  In the mean time, I flucuate all over the place.  I've just learned to not let it get to me.  Have a GREAT re-start week!   ;) 

joagain

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:00:46 AM »
Kfaith today is a new day !!! I just told my husband I lose and gain the same 2 pounds all week long and on weigh in day I am the same as I was tha last weogh in day . It is very frustrating  >:(

Try to stay off the scale as much as possible we did not get on the scale everyday to see how fat we were getting .
We all stumble & fall down it is getting back up & on that is important  ;D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
Thank you all!  I got up this morning and ate my fts style for breakfast, determined to keep on track. I know it does not happen over night but oh man I got so far to go and I want to 'go fast' !
Rosie

joagain

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
Kfaith dont think that it will go fast think that this how you are gonna eat for the rest of your live and if you lose fast that is great but if you look at all the folks on the forum with the exception of Sherriepie everyone has lost 5- 10 pounds a month .  A year later will show 50-100 pounds loss & some folks like myself have not even lost that . It is very frustrating but it is what it is .

There will be months & weeks that you will not lose & some where you will gain but you have to look forward . I have had to learn this the hard way trying to lose fast or as fast as others all that does is set you up to give up .  We have done a tremindious amount of damage to our bodies for many years ,that will  take months & years  to reverse & ondo .

I have been fighting the weight battle for most of my live & I will probably until I die but with FTS it is a whole lot easier & I feel so much better while eating this way .

Stay strong Kfaith there really is no better way then low carb it just may not go fast

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 11:21:11 AM »
Hi Rosie! :)

The folks here are giving you excellent advice.

Beating yourself up over mess ups can cause self-inflicted discouragement.
In other words, getting upset about them can make your FTS journey unnecessarily harder.

We are all imperfect human beings that make mistakes.
The key is LEARNING from those mistakes so that we'll be prepared the next time.
When we do mess up, it's no big deal. All we need to do is get right back on board the FTS train.

In real life, we WILL mess up... It's what we do afterword that matters! ;)
What you do today is what matters!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
Just move forward,all will be well :)