Author Topic: another week of no loss  (Read 3241 times)

KFAITH

• View Profile
another week of no loss
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
Pretty disappointed when I weighed in today to find no loss no gain, stayed the same yet again. This week I have got to re-read Doug's book and try to start at square one again.
Had way too many carbs this weekend too, as family was here and I felt stressed.
Oh well tomorrow is a new day and I shall not give up. ;)
With God all things are possible
Rosie

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: another week of no loss
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:12:54 PM »
It's not just you my friend, it's these weekends!  I too have not budged a single digit on my scale.  But... I didn't go up either, so I'm okay with that, and so should you. 

I met up on Friday night with my oldest friend and she looks like a super model!  I hate her!  ok not really I just envy the heck out of her.  And to make it worse I ate chips and onion dip at the party just because I was so upset with the way I look.  Is that sick or what?

I have not given up, and either will you!  We just need to be stronger. 

I hope and pray that you have a better week and that next weekend we both can have some great news.

Mary

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »
I know just what you are talking about Mary, thanks for the encouragement. ;D
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
Everyday is a clean slate.You can re-invent yourself everyday.Remember its not just weight loss its about taking control of your health and life ;)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »
you will do well... we are human and we have all fallen here and there.. its all about getting up... sometimes its frustrating and especially with the holidays coming up...
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
Keep going sweetie. We all make mistakes and we learn from them.Sometimes eating too much Sodium, Sugar alcohols, Artificial Sweeteners, Butter, and caffiene affect my weight loss. I try to reduce or avoid them as much as possible.I'm still learning some things thats increase or stall my weight loss .It's a journey. Start fresh and the weight will come off.  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:29:30 AM »
That is so true Michelle.Good advice. ;)
Posting your meal plans will help you Rosie ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
KFaith..... This is YOUR time....time for you to finally lose all that extra wight and get healthy. It takes commitment and effort Rosie, but all things worth doing usually do. Take Umpa's advice, post what your eating and drinking so we can help you find the problem.....No-one can do this for you, only you can  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:26:56 PM »
Thanks all of you!   Everymorning almost always I am having 2 eggs with 2 strips turkey bacon.  A couple times I have made that pancake recipe you all put on here out of the flex mill.   
Lunch is usally some kind of sandwich in my Josephs pita, such as tuna salad or turkey and cheese or egg salad.
Somedays I do the pizza with Josephs pita, 2 T of pizza sauce and cheese.
Supper is usally some type of meat with salad and veg.  I use cabbage I cooked up in olive oil, or  I make the cauliflower mashed lots and green beans.
Have had the sour kraut a few times, and hotdogs with 2 T of Kroger chili sauce and cheese.
I drink black decaf coffe, decaf green black tea, water, club soda, and diet pop.
I know I been habing too much Russell Stoffers sf candy, and I was never even a candy eater till  here lately.
I use almonds and pork rinds for snacks and sf jello.
But I did get off track 'tasting' the others food and company coming and knowing they were not going to eat my food, etc, and  I admit I cheated some for sure and I am sure that is why no loss lately.  One weekend I was so stressed out over something my daughter had done that I had to have a 'coke a cola the real thing' and I did drink that ;(   that was always my number one weakness I was addicted to it all my life, it is  what I want to run to when I am tired, stressed, sick or depressed, just find me a coke a cola and I will be okay, it has always been my 'crutch'. I never was a chocolate eater till I went on this diet and found out about Russell Stoffers sf candy.
Rosie

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »
You know I really think it has a lot to do with what's going on in our lives!  I did great yesterday and even though my back  has been bothering me, I went to the track last night.  I felt so good! 

Then when I got home my husband the (Grinch that stole my life) I only call him that when I'm not too happy with him.  Well anyway he was being a
grump and laying around on the sofa.  I was up beat and really happy ;D  He just had a way of making me mad enough to go into the kitchen and start searching through the cabinets.  The only good thing about that is that when I started eating the FTS way, I got rid of all the junk!  So, I had a SF jello and called it a night.  But I have to tell you, if I had found anything that was bad for me.... Oh yah I would have eaten it!

I think people see how well we are doing and they just can't handle the change!  My own Mother called me and asked me to pick her up a Tomatoe Pie! I said "Mom, Joey and I can't have that!" She lets out a big breath and said  "Oh sure you can, what are you doing over there trying to kill yourself?" 
REALLY MOM!  It's the Tomatoe Pie that is going to kill us!  Oh my gosh I just don't get people."

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
Kudos to you Mary for eating SF jello when you were stressed.  I agree that a lot of our overeating has to do with what is going on in our lives.  I am doing so much better with FTS and not eating things that are not good for me.  Previously I would have binged on chips or snacks that I knew would not be good for me, that would make me even more depressed.  Like you, I had cleaned my cabinets and got rid of that junk so I'm not tempted to eat it anymore.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

skychant

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:41 PM »
I know from experience that eating too much sugar free candy will slow or even stop your loss.
For a while I became a SF peanut butter cup addict.  Some days I would eat 10.  It was bad.  You really need to stop buying it and stick to SF jello that you can have every day.  Staying prepared is your best defense.  Go to the grocery store and stock up on pork rinds, (I like to eat them with spinach dip)...deviled eggs are good to keep in the fridge.  There is a healthy replacement for everything that is not on plan. 
I just think of how successful Sherripie was in a year and that really encourages me.  She would stick to 12 carbs a day and drink lots of water and take a multivitamin.  If you stick to that you definately will have a loss next week.  I will pray for you.  I know that you can be successful.

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:28 PM »
Yep Sherriepie really encourages lots of us, she is amazing. I just keep saying she did it so can I.
Thanks for all the good ideals. ;D
Rosie

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
Coke zero is wonderful Rosie.If I want a soda,which is rare that is my soda of choice.I had a girlfriend who drank a 12 pack  of real pepsi a day.Just changing to diet soda she lost 50 pounds.Unfortunately thats the only change she made and is in a electric scooter now because she is so heavy her legs can't hold the weight.Her feet are blue.It is really hard for us as women/mothers to take care of ourselvess instead of taking care of other people.Ask for your family's support.The only food I serve in my house is fat to skinny friendly and people love to eat here.They will support you if they know its important to you,you are fighting for your life here!If not they can eat out.Like you i was a emotional eater,I have learned to do other things when irritated with my kids(which never ends),exercise, turn on music or just ignore them.They now how to get to you :D Shock value is cool ;) become un get-able!!Really confuse them! :D :D If they can't get your attention with current behavior they will move on to something else :D :D :D Like the Yorkies!! :D :D

KFAITH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »
Umpa I really  needed that thanks much my friend!  I am doing well this week, the weekends seem to be what has messed me up the last few weeks, i did so well that first month.  I will just say to people I am on  this FTS and  my life depends on me losing weight so thus and thus...
I am drinking a mellow yellow zero right now, had tuna salad on a Josephs pita for lunch with a few pig skins.  I can still walk some, just  few minutes like 3 maybe, than I have to sit. So far my feet are not red or nothing but I know where it is gonna end if I do not turn it around and now. I am lucky at this size to still be able to walk at all.  The back injury happened 16 years ago, pinched nerves, I sat on the sofa and sucked coke a cola down for years after that happened gaining over 100 pounds after that injury. Just in the last year my right knee gives me fits. So yep, MY life depends on this fat coming off and now.So all of you 'pep talk ' me every day I need it amen!!!! ;)
Rosie