Author Topic: You know it's sad...  (Read 3474 times)

snobles

You know it's sad...
« on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
I have a friend on my Facebook, she married the old man and I, whenever I put up on my facebook how much weight I've lost and the old man, she ALWAYS asks how we loose so much weight! Well, I tell her all the time Fat To Skinny!!! and I post the link under the comment to make it easier for her to get to. Well...evidentally her daughter got her to try something called vi-shake. I'm thinking it's a vitamin shake! and she told her daughter that the weight better start coming off!!!
Why are some people so darn hard headed about Fat To Skinny? I mean really, it's not hard at all and with NO excersize!! Vitamins will not make you loose the weight!!!  Eating under 20 carbs a day, and staying away from junk will!!! Proteins and Vegetables(within reason on the vegies!)but yet, she still refuses a simple excersize free way of getting rid of the weight! I give up!!

TexasTwinMama

• View Profile
Re: You know it's sad...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 08:24:37 PM »
Well I can't speak for her, but I know for me that it seemed like it was going to be a lot of work and a lot of cooking. Now it is more like I can't believe I am eating so well, not starving, and losing weight!
Dont give up- when she is ready to listen, she will!
Beth
Beth

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »
Snobles,

I can relate and feel your frustration.  "don't ask the question if you don't want the answer" is my motto.  My friend is still using the excuse that everytime she diets that she "gets sick...no more diets for me".  I can't relate to that excuse.  Being overweight and uncomfortable in my body is what has motivated me.  I have only lost 11 pounds and am amazed at how much better I already feel.  It is and will be a personal decision for your friend.  Maybe one day she will have a light bulb moment LOL.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »

I dont even waste my time any more.. I have shared my experience and everyone has a theory and yet I am basically one of the few who is losing.. those who are losing when I ask them what they are doing, they say that they are eating low carb.. well, there you go.. some are smart and others are just plain hard headed..  

Im in the smart group.... hahahaha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:13:39 AM by Alex Cruz »
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:38:41 PM »
Hi Stephanie! :)

A picture's worth a thousand words.

When you get fairly close to your weight goal, send her before and after pics of yourself when the subject of weight loss comes up.

Until then, please be patient with her.
She too has been subjected to the constant barage of misinformation about weight loss.
When she's ready to listen, she will hear you. ;)
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:15:20 AM »
Thats good advice Tony.. I just dont try anymore unless they directly ask me because it frustrates me when they ask and argue it without trying it...
Alex

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
The fact is some people would rather be overweight,unhealthy,and shoot themselves up with insulin then give up their carbs.  ???

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »
The fact is some people would rather be overweight,unhealthy,and shoot themselves up with insulin then give up their carbs.  ???

Hi Umpa! :)

The hard core carb addict will love their carbs more than their own health, and will act this way.
It's very similar to drug or alcohol addiction... It just takes over.

These folks will stay this way until they make up their own minds to change and commit to it.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »
sad,but true :(

refund

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
I am here to tell the world that FTS needs to be the lifestyle for trillions of people out there:)).. especially diabetics... I am staying the course with the 20 carbs a day and am here to report that I haven't been injecting myself eight times a day with insulin...I pretty much don't take any insulin at all. and my blood pressure is normal.. I FEEL THE BEST I've felt in years, I'm not as anxious anymore, I seem to handle stress a LOT better (I'm telling you allllll, I used to flip out... people were afraid of me.. welll being the sugar addict that I was..yikes!!). I'm eating satisfying and delicious foods WITHOUT THE SUGAR and losing weight this healthy way.... FTS is the easiest, healthiest lifestyle to follow PERIOD.  My Key is: prepare your foods ahead of time, have foods readily available at ALL times, in the purse, the car, etc...drink plenty of water and MOST of ALL---Keep the Faith and Stay the Course---.....Love to you all and have a great weekend!  Refund

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »
Refund that is FANTASTIC!!!! Your energy level must be through the roof! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
That is so wonderful, Refund! :)

It pleases me to no end hearing about another person's life being saved!
FTS is the BOMB!!!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
Well Refund, hot diggity dog, YOU ROCK!!!!  That is amazing.. Im so happy for you and you are right... My AIC was 8.4 back in March and its now 5.4...  ;D
Alex