Author Topic: Coping with first ToM  (Read 4681 times)

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
Coping with first ToM
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Oh geez this isn't a good day! Sick with fever and ToM day 1 on top of that. I'm starving! But can't eat much with feeling bad. So I've been grazing trying to control both. Grazing on low carb, my house is stripped of sugars. But I finally caved in to the sweet craving...no, the bran crisp just didn't cut it!! :) anyway I made a modified single serving cheesecake. I have these itty bitty baking dishes for single serving. I mixed some cream cheese, teeny tiny drop of vanilla extract, little egg white, 2drops liquid splenda. And baked. It was hard to figure out the ratio for single serving so worst case I get baked cream cheese. Lol. Probably not ideal to give in to a sweet craving this early in my transition to this plan but I'll be huddled on the floor, rocking, and begging for a Snickers if I don't mitigate soon. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I have acupuncture in the afternoon and that Always balances me out.

shawn116

Re: Coping with first ToM
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »
Awww   I hope you feel better soon  ;)  Great job thinking ahead to not give into the snickers bar   Hugs!   Hoping for a better day for you tomorrow  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:20:32 AM »
TOM comes every 28 days and I say be prepared! :D I stock my fridge with grazing food before it comes and homemade chocolates. ;)

rlbayne

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:31:30 PM »
What does the acupuncture help you with?

tinab232

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 07:50:40 PM »
Acupuncture helps me with a number of things. I've gone every 2-3 weeks for 3 years. My migraines are under control and so are the symptoms of fibroids. I take a Chinese herbal supplement that's meant to balance hormones so my fibroids don't flare up (as I refer to it). And my migraines are also often caused by imbalance so my acupuncturist hits along the hormone and stress lines. She even fixed my ear ache last time! When Tori went on maternity leave I cried. She's had my patterns down for a long time and knows just what to do. I love, love,love acupuncture. It's kept me off the medication go round for three years. My doctors are amazed as I was about to have surgery and was seeing a neurologist for the migraines when I finally called a halt to the meds and doctors and went to alternatives. I still go regularly for all the check ups and tests but had a full turn around.