Author Topic: newbie  (Read 6081 times)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
Hi Everyone..

My 2nd day is coming to a close, today i have been a little more hungry then yesterday.  Could be because I'm not snacking all day on chips and crackers.  LOL  Had Flax seed pancakes this morning. Not my fav but I will try them again.  Hoping to feel a little better tomorrow. ;D

Hi Shannons! :)

When we start FTS, most of us experience "sugar detox" for 10 days to 2 weeks.
After you've purged your system of it, you will fell 1000% better and not have any craving for the bad stuff.
You'll also the low carb alternatives start tasting better and better! ;D

So hang in there!... We know what you're going through.
What you do today is what matters!

SHANNONS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I need to have a few things on hand so I can grab and go.  Cutting up some celery for work tomorrow.  Hope everyone has a skinny week!

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »
Hi SHANNONS

Once you get through that detox you won't feel as hungry either so hang in there.  You are right.....the best thing that got me through the first two weeks and really even now is to be prepaired.  Keep several options available to you that you can just grab.  Protein and fiber will keep you full longer  ;)  Believe it or not those cheese crisps Montuen was talking about...if you dip them into sf ketchup they taste like french fies...LOL   

If you don't like the flax you might want to try a mix of flax and almond meal or even all almond.  I had a hard time getting used to the flax at first myself.  I definitely like the golden flax way better then the regular and now I love the stuff.   Mouseissue is so right about the low carb alternatives tasting better.    Most of all I have notice the high carb favorits I used to love really don't taste that great to me any more.   ;D  It's nice to know I'm not missing a thing...LOL   

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Welcome Kelli.

best of luck in this great journey... YES YOU CAN!!!
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

SuzyQ45

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:25 AM »
Welcome KellBell and Shannons.  You won't find more supportive, kind, welcoming people than on this site.  Doug and Umpa are always willing to help as are all the members.  I am wishing you great success in 2012.

Amber

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
Welcome KellBell.  You will love this place  :) 

Doug, I love the YES YOU CAN!  I listened to the CD in my car (I have listened numerous times  :))  Very motivational!