Author Topic: How many of you exercise?  (Read 5562 times)

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
How many of you exercise?
« on: December 29, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »

How many of you exercise and if you do what type of exercise do you do?

Walk/ weight training/etc.

Hopefully after the 1st I will start using the treadmill again with 20 min walks and building
to 40 min  jog/walk. .Would like to do 3miles every other day and weight training on cardio
days.
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

Rena

Re: How many of you exercise?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 01:25:58 PM »
I do. I use hand weights, walk on a TreadClimber, and ride a recumbent bike. We also just ordered a Total Gym, so I'll be adding that to my list as well.

I also do other stuff like hiking, bike riding, and kayaking, and snow shoeing in winter.

Now all we need is snow. What's up with winter this year?  ??? ???

bigjoe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:58:21 PM »
I do. I use hand weights, walk on a TreadClimber, and ride a recumbent bike. We also just ordered a Total Gym, so I'll be adding that to my list as well.

I also do other stuff like hiking, bike riding, and kayaking, and snow shoeing in winter.

Now all we need is snow. What's up with winter this year?  ??? ???

Not much snow so far in Sterling, Co but its early yet!
Dec 2005- Lapband - 323 lbs... Got down to 267 lbs... Over the years regained weight.
Restart LC on  9/12/15-

Rena

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 11:17:48 PM »
I'm in NW Montana and we always have lots of snow this time of year. We had it for Christmas, but then it warmed up into the 40s and it's all melting away. There's a little in the forecast, but not much. Not sure what January will bring at this point.

On the other hand -- we got the Total Gym set up and I used it for the first time tonight. I think I'm really going to have fun with this. I've never been into exercising until fairly recently. I was active in gymnastics as a kid, but in my younger adult life, I really got out of it. I love it now.

Good luck with your jogs and walks, Joey!

MichelleShani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »
Hey Joey. When I exercise I actually Gain weight(well muscle but the scale doesn't go in the right direction for me) but I plan to exercise regularly after I lose all my weight to tone up and keep my body firm, tight and right. Sometimes I dance in my house with the stereo on blast and don't stop til I sweat that's how I stay active but I don't really consider it exercise.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:40:58 AM »
I use a treadmill,total gym,deadweights,ride  my bicycle ,and shoot my recurve bow.I also like to walk on the beach. ;)

joagain

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 08:47:40 AM »
I try to exercise but just cant stick with it .  :P I think I am just to heavy if I could lose about 40 more I might stick to it I dont know  I am pathitic ! LOL

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »
Jo ,just shake your groove thang!! ;)

joagain

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
Umpa you just made me laugh I have to be careful shaking this big ole groove thing !!!

ALthough I do do that in the house some when I am cleaning or listening to the tunes .

freeinHim

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 08:56:40 AM »
I use T-Tapp, which can be found here - http://www.t-tapp.com/

I like it because it isn't a traditional cardio workout with jumping and stuff, and that's important with my knees.  With each workout, I feel as though all the muscles in my body have been used, and it's helped me lose inches as a result.  I use it a few days per week.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Jo that is exercise! :D

Rena

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Well, I woke up to a little bit of snow and some sore triceps.  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 09:23:54 AM »
Shoveling snow?? :)

Rena

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »
Shoveling snow?? :)

No, not that much snow. We got a Total Gym. Of all the other exercises I do (aside from kayaking), I don't seem to work my triceps much. I guess the Total Gym will take care of that. :)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 02:30:33 PM »
I didn't exercise at all until I had lost 90 pounds, then I started walking on the track at our local college.   I started out at 1 mile, and now I do 2 miles everyday.  Sometimes on the weekends I do 3 miles just because I have extra time.   I really enjoy it!!   ;D   It makes me feel GREAT too!