Author Topic: Great Low Carb Bread Company??  (Read 7481 times)

o0OSusieO0o

Re: Great Low Carb Bread Company??
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:42 AM »

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 05:52:23 PM »
Made a sandwich with this bread for lunch today.  Two slices of bread = 2 net carbs, three slices of ham = 1 net carb, two slices of cheese = 0 net carbs, a little mustard and some lettuce.  For a total of 3 net carbs.  The bread is smaller than the bread I was used to, so I figured it would not fill me up.  I was pleasantly surprised.  The sandwich made for a nice lunch.  Tasty too.  I really think this is a good product for us, but at $7.99 per loaf, it is just too expensive for me.

Mark

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 09:34:55 AM »
$7.99 is wicked pricey! Plus shipping? I will stick to making my own!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »
I need to make Gluten Free low carb bread. I see the bread recipes in the Fat To Skinny Bakery Book list wheat gluten. I wonder what I can replace gluten with.

Oh my gosh, Mahler's Bakery California Lifestyle Flax Soy Bread is ridiculously expensive online now. I can buy it local here in California for $4.99 a loaf at Clark's nutrition store, but I don't because of it has wheat gluten in it. It is delicious though.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
Not all the bread recipes use wheat gluten Susie.The spinach bread is really good ,no wheat gluten. Makes a great deep dish pizza crust too.Look a little closer and you will get happy. ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:01 PM »
I saw that but looking for a basic sandwich bread recipe. Mary doesn't like deep dish pizzas. She's very happy with the pizza recipe I use now. I will try the spinach bread  anyways because it sounds sooooo good to me. The Rosemary bread looks amazing too.
I have $10 budgeted to get Almond Meal at Trader Joes. They are out but are expecting more today. Ohh the Pizza crust is doable when I get more almond flour. Will make different crust pizzas, eat some right away & freeze rest.

In the Umpa Mc’Biscuits I'd like to make then with fresh Parmesan cheese instead of cheddar. Have you tried that?

Bought more food this morning. Got large head of lettuce 99˘, large bunch red lettuce, 1 large avocado 99˘, 4 bunches of broccoli 59˘ lb, 1 pkg chicken thighs 99˘ lb, 2 large chicken breasts $2.99 lb, 1/2 lb pork sausage $1.99 lb, 1 thin round steak $3.00, 2 bottles sugar free syrup $1.99 each(sugar alcohol in it, we are used to it) and 2 lbs whole milk mozzarella $4.49 lb. We shred the cheese very fine & goes farther.
Total was $36

In my baking cupboard is 5 cups coconut flour, 3 cups soy flour, 4 cups soy protein, 6 cups golden flax seed meal, 4 cups ground pork rinds, 1/2 cup chia seed, 1/2 psyllium powder and 1/2 cup hemp seed.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »
I like to make the spinach and rosemary bread to toast and dip in olive oil and romano cheese.If you look on the homepage under  breads, you will see my new favorite bread.Its perfect for sandwiches.It makes fluffy little buns perfect for sandwiches ;)