Author Topic: carbs  (Read 2062 times)

mak2408

• View Profile
carbs
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:37:38 AM »
Hi!  I* am very new to this diet.  I ordered my fat to skinny book yesterday.  I was just wondering how many carbs you are allowed per day.  I really am not that overweight, but I am always 10 lbs over my ideal  weight.  I lose it for about 2 months and always gain it back. Will this diet help me, do you think?  I do eat a lot of sweet things daily.  Cookies, candy, and also have pasta for supper.  Do you have to give up pasta entirely?  I could live without the cookies, but not sure about spaghetti, and pizza.  I like potatoes too, and Im afraid I will have a problem with this diet. Thanks! mak2408

shawn116

Re: carbs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:03:15 PM »
Hi  mak2408  Welcome to the forum  :)

Many of your question will be answered when you read Doug's book.  Once you learn where the sugar is hidden in the foods we eat you will be able to recognize why you keep gaining the weight back.   

Basically you will stay at or below 20 net carbs a day.    At least until you get to your goal weight...you may be able to adjust that once you start to maintain.  Don't worry....we don't go hungry around here  Haha  You would be surprised at how well you can eat and how much better you will feel once you get that sugar out of your system.  Of course if you don't already know, to get your net carbs you will take your total carb - any fiber grams- any sugar alcohol grams (if there are any) = net carbs.    What makes FTS so different from many other low carb plans....first and foremost it isn't a diet, It's a lifestyle.  We find replacements for all of our favorite foods, so there is no need to add the high carb foods back in.   

My suggestion would be to first read the book and then come back and ask any questions you may have.....there are lots of awesome folks on the forum that love to help each other.  Doug and Umpa (Doug's wife) are on here daily as well.   Again welcome  ;D

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum mak2408, TooSweet is right - reading the book should answer all your questions.  If they don't come right back here - someone is sure to answer absolutely anything you need to know.  Post often, ask questions, get to know us all  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
Welcome Mak :) I am Umpa,Dougs wife.If I can help you please ask. You don't have to go without anything we have subsitutes for everything! I have a board on the homepage(see little red button on the top left) called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly.Also when you do your searches on the forum always search from the home page that way it searches the whole forum and not just the board you are on.Enjoy the forum there are alot of great people here! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 03:54:42 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, mak2408!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

YES!!!... Please read Doug's book first.
It will answer the questions you've posed, so far.

And if there's anything you don't understand,
let us know and we'll gladly help you! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: carbs
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:35:09 AM »
Welcome Mark and we hope to help you and be a support to you.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:08:51 AM »
Hi Mak2408, well by now I assume you've read the book and I also assume like the rest of us you are shocked by the information you've read  :o Welcome to the forum! Replacing pasta, potatoes, sweets and most all high carb foods with low carb replacements is what makes FAT TO SKINNY unique amongst other eating plans or diets. It's important for you to understand this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change which will create new eating habits, ingredients, knowledge and a far healthier lifestyle. I look forward to hearing back from you :) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)