Author Topic: Almond milk & sugar-free pudding: NOPE!  (Read 3728 times)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Almond milk & sugar-free pudding: NOPE!
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »
Haha, just have to say I love the unsweetened almond milk! Blue Diamond has shelf-friendly containers, AND an unsweetened chocolate that one packet of stevia makes it WONDERFUL!! but the Silk brand tastes the best to me... ;)
Unfortunately: You CANNOT make sugar-free pudding with it!  the box says: "do not use Soy milk, pudding will not set.", so I tried almond milk..yeah, that didn't go over too well. We have um..thick pudding soup   :o:D ;D so consider yourselves given a heads up!  :D

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Almond milk & sugar-free pudding: NOPE!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
oooooo good idea Marty..will have to try..I have heavy whipping cream, wonder if I diluted that 1:1 with water if that would work??? hhhhm..another experiment here we go!

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:05:25 PM »
Zombiegirl - lemme know how that works!  I had tried the almond milk myself - thick pudding soup is a great description!

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »
Just a thought, Doug posted the coconut pie recipe and while I was reading the posts it made me think (I do that once in a while) why not use Doug's basic "filling" ingredients for your pudding.  It wouldn't have to be coconut flavored ....I'm thinking banana or lemon.

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=3632.msg33974#msg33974
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »
You don't need the pudding mix.I make chocolate pudding in my mixer.Pour some heavy whipping cream in the mixer and beat like you are making whipped cream.Add xylitol and unsweetened cocoa and prepare to get happy!You can use the flavored coffee syrups(unsweetened) too, just omit xylitol. ;) When you are looking at the back of the sugarfree puddings that is carbs per serving some brands are 6  carbs per serving and there are 4 servings per box.I learned this out with one of our gals that had plateaued and i was looking at her menus. ;)

Rena

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 03:03:42 PM »
Some of the little SF pudding cups are only 5 carbs per serving. I know that seems like a lot, but if you have the carbs to spare, it's an option. I was doing the whole cream/pudding thing, but I had to stop. I was eating WAY TOO MUCH of that stuff and it was really messing me up. I'm still trying to recover from that. I've stopped buying cream all together because I can't trust myself with it. Pathetic. The little pudding cups are only about 60 calories, too. I know you all don't count calories, but I was eating so much cream that it got ridiculous. I'm better off having a 60 cal/5 carb cup of SF pudding than "losing it" with a container of cream. JMO.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
I have bought those too when I travel and stay in hotels that have a mini fridge.Sherripie turned me on to the Mousse ones. :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 07:31:19 PM »
Umpa's chocolate ice cream base from the bakery book is incredible chocolate pudding prior to the ice cream freezer.... :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 09:35:10 PM »
Oh! and I downloaded that book ;) on it!  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 08:43:41 AM »
The peanut butter ice cream mix makes a nice pudding too ;)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 04:52:39 PM »
mmm, I'm thinking with these, the donuts, cookies and chips that are always in our break room will be less tempting!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
We have recipes for donuts and cookies.The EatSmart Soy Chips by Snyders Pretzels are good too. ;)

zombiegirl74

• January 15th 2011
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
You don't need the pudding mix.I make chocolate pudding in my mixer.Pour some heavy whipping cream in the mixer and beat like you are making whipped cream.Add xylitol and unsweetened cocoa and prepare to get happy!

Made this last night after our stuffed peppers...and O.M.G.  "happy" did not begin to express how we all loved it! :o My brother even said "If this how low carb eating is, I'm fine with it! Who says eating healthy doesn't taste good?"  ;D ;D ;D

My son is on the band wagon as well, the almost 18 year old daughter not so much...I suggested she buy her own cereal and stuff..she says she can do that LOL  :D

So, as the Holidays roll on, I'm going to introduce them to more and more low-carb meals. So, that once the New Year rolls in, my brother and my son will be on this with me :) My son will be the hardest, he doesn't quite have the willpower, and at school they have vending machines that his friends will buy for him..but he can be 90% on it :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
By teaching your kids how to eat healthy you are giving them the gift of good health.I am proud of you,kids only know what they are taught ;)