Recipe Exchange > Vegetarian Recipes

Vegetarian Recipes

(1/24) > >>

umpa:
We have a request for more vegetarian recipes on the forum.I am holding a contest until October 31.The winner will get a free book.(you can keep for yourself or give as a gift.) You may pick any of the Dougs 5 books you would like.
Just post your vegetarian recipes on this board and doug will choose one on the Oct.31.

mariairam:
CHILES REYENOS

Ingradients

2 poblano pepers
2 eggs
2 cups of mozzarela cheese (around that Im not sure on the measure)
1/2 cup of soy flour (not going to use it all)
Oil don't know how much enough to fry

Directions
The peppers are roasted and after that  place them in a seeld plastic bag and leave them rest for 5 min.
Then skin is removed, seeds and veinsat the same time rinsed with water.
The peppers are then stuffed with cheese and closed with the aid of a stick, then sprinkle the whole pepper in the flour.Beat the egg whites until stiff and then add the yolks and continue beating in a separate bowl. Place the oil to boil in a pan, floured chiles are passed through the egg and then put frying turning then to be fried on all sides.

Tip: I usually put like a station first the stuffet pepper in a plate then the second  would be the flour in a plastic container and the las the bowl with the eggs and then the pan with the oil.

Serve with the coliflower rice and  black beens....

umpa:
I love this recipe!Welcome to the forum Mariaitram!If I can help you please ask.I am umpa,dougs wife.I have a column on the homepage called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite recipes to fat to skinny friendly.This is  a great recipe! ;D

owensmath:
Here is something I tried at Whole Foods in Annapolis on Monday, but I haven't tried to make it yet.

Grill long pieces of sliced eggplant. Place a mixture of ricotta cheese and seasonings (I tasted some cinnamon) on a slice and roll it up. It will be like stuffed shells at this point. Place them side by side in a baking dish. Add tomato sauce and top with Italian cheeses. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted on the top.  It was delicious!!!!

umpa:
Beautiful! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version