Author Topic: Calorie count????  (Read 2289 times)

bratz984

• View Profile
    • Email
Calorie count????
« on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:25 AM »
I'm new to low carbing and have been very strict with my carbs, sometimes consuming even less than 20 net carbs a day. This is not typical. I usually get btwn 18-20 net carbs a day. I have a bad habit of weighing myself every morning and started to see the weight come off. I think I'm in my 4th week? Anyway, in the last 2 days I've put on 3 lbs. I bought ketostix and they are the deep red so I know I'm in ketosis but I'm not really losing the weight. Since I'm not all the way through your book I was wondering  if I should be counting calories as well? I will give you an example of what I eat. Yesterday for breakfast I had 4 deviled eggs made with real mayonnaise, one packet of slenda, and mustard with an atkins shake. I caculated that to be about 6 net carbs. For lunch I ate at wendys and had 2 Jr bacon cheeseburgers no bun, with lettuce and mayonnaise. Dinner was 4 pork chops (they were small ones and I shared with my dog :) with fried cabbage. Am I eating too much protein?

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Calorie count????
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »
Hi, bratz984! :)

I've been living the FTS lifestyle since August 2010.
My daily eating involves lots of protein and fat. But very little in digestible (net) carbs Usually under 20.
Some days, much less.

By the time you're done with Doug's book, you'll realize that you shouldn't count calories.
Most "diets" do that (or a variation of it) and end up failures.

If you eat what your body needs and not more, you will .
Use Doug's "15 Minute Rule" to figure out how much is enough for you.

http://www.fattoskinny.net/index.php?topic=5286.msg55552#msg55552

If you keep your carbs at or under 20 and don't eat more than you need,
barring any medical complications, you will lose weight.

I hope this helps you in your FTS journey.

Tony

What you do today is what matters!