Author Topic: I need help  (Read 9892 times)

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
I need help
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:42:02 AM »
I really need help detoxing... What did everyone do to help detox?   :'(
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

owensmath

Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »
Detox is just what happens naturally to your body when you first start on FTS. It's not something special you do separate from the lifestyle. It's just how crappy you feel for the first few days, or week, when you go off sugar and carbs. I found that I had a headache for a solid week, but it eased up a little when I took Excedrin or drank a diet coke (caffeine in both).

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:48:17 AM »
omg, I have had continuous headaches for the last 4 days.. a couple of migraines in there... darn that sugar is really bad....
Alex

joagain

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
If you have not got down to 20 carbs you just or going to draw out the detox longer or over an over . My bad ones were over in about 3 days then I felt better everyday . One thing I have learned the hard way you have to do FTS all the way all the time  there is no halfway or half the time .
 We may eat something we dont need too but we will have to pay for it with having to detox again or gaining weight !
You need to get your 20 carbs from healthy foods that is the only thing that helps the detox go faster . Of course this is just my opinion. ;D

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »
Detox is really important not just to get the sugar out of your system but for you to remember each and every minute of it. Remember that headache, what it feels like, how you hate it, how you want it to end. In a few days all the detox symptoms will be gone and you will feel good again and have more energy than you have ever had. From then on out every time you think about eating something that is dreadfully bad for you...remember that headache and how bad you felt. Because once you cheat you're going to have to go through that again to get back to where you need to be on FTS. I had a horrible time the first few weeks while my body detoxed and I have never since intentionally ate the wrong thing because I do not want to feel that horrible again. Detox really  helped me to be afraid for messing up and I use it daily so that I can bypass that cheesecake or cookies someone seems to always be trying to feed me. Use it for you too, it really does work. :)
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
That's excellent advice, Jo!  :)
What you do today is what matters!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:21 PM »
Sherri also is offering you some good advice too!  :)

We each detox differently.
For some lucky folks, they don't notice a thing.
For others like us, we go thru some serious discomfort.

I had headaches too.
But the worst for me were continuous bowel issues (cramps, gas, diarrhea, constipation, etc.).
This went on and on for days (almost a week)!!! It finally broke after my wife got me some low carb yogurt.
I don't EVER want to go thru that again!

When a high carb food tries to tempt me, I think about my detox and ANY appeal goes away VERY fast!
So my detox was realy a blessing in disguise.
Yours can be too!  :)
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
Im really trying and I guess the headaches are a good proof of that.. Its really bad... Well today was better....One thing for sure, I was glad that Doug & Umpa came out with the bakery book.. I saw some cookies that are almost no carbs per servings and that will help me with any temptations I have...

Thanks everyone..
Alex

owensmath

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
Alex, one word keeps popping up in some of your posts... "Trying" ....

What does this mean? Are you DOING FTS or TRYING it? I don't mean to offend you, but you must decide that you are going to live the lifestyle not try the lifestyle. Sometimes it's just words, but they can make a difference. Like... we aren't on a diet, but are living a lifestyle.

I like your tenacity and I believe that you can do this if you will completely commit to it.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
Alex you have been given excellent advice from very successful people.Their advice is based on personal experience.And 100% accurate.This eating plan only works if you commit 100%.  ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
For some people Sugar Detox is just as tough as Drug Detox. Sugar releases "dopamine", the feel good hormone into the brain. They don't call it "feel good food" for nothing. Hang in there Alex...it only lasts between 7-10 days. Once you detox STAY OF THE SUGAR!!! to avoid ever having to do it again. I've watched you bounce on and off FTS. I pray this is your last flip flop.  ;)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 10:47:43 AM »
Hi Owensmath,

No offense taken. I say trying because until I have completely detoxed, I personally dont think I am doing F2S.. I actually feel so much better today and I noticed that I didnt wake up with the feeling of desperation of a "fix" if you will.. I also dont have any cravings, ok except one, Peanut Butter. I fixed that one by buying Beanit and I am anxiously waiting for it. Today we have a luncheon and of course they chose a pizza place but you know, I was actually dreading it last week and today it doesnt even phase me... I actually feel more in control.. Salad for me pls...

I have been doing very very low carbs, I cant say that its reach the 20 carbs yet, but I know that I am very close to it..

Its a matter of still learning the foods and that is why I say that..I am eating a lot more protein and veggies.. No potatoes, corn or anything high starch.. I am eating a lot of cabbage, cauli, cucumbers, squash (not acorn which is high), a little of tomatoes ( I love tomatoes, about 1/4 cup) and not every day...

Yeah Doug, you are not kidding.. Its bad.. I was in verge of ............ lol  we will just leave that blank...

Alex

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 11:05:42 AM »
Alex, you can pick the toppings off the pizza if you want and eat them on their own or take a LowCarb Tortilla or GG Bran Crispbread with you to put that cheese and pepperoni on.  It's tough to just eat salad when everyone else is having pizza.  I find this helps.  The toppings are the best part of the pizza anyway.

As far as the making it to 20 carbs, you don't have to reach 20 if you don't want to (or need to).  In the beginning I was usually between 15 & 20 net carbs per day and am usually now between 10 & 15.  Once in a while just below 10.  I have to make sure I eat because if I let myself get too hungry I am scouting for snacks.  Even though they are low carb snacks, I am trying to get away from the munching habit.  I find for myself (not everyone needs to do this, but I do) if I make sure I eat decent size meals, I don't have those hunger urges.  It just seems to keep me on an even feeling.  Maybe it's a blood sugar thing since I have type 2 diabetes, but this is what works for me.  I know others can go all day without eating, but I can't do that.

Alex Cruz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »
Well I am so proud of myself.. I think that I am either done or extremly close of finishing my detox..

5 people ate 2 huge slices of Pizza
1 ate Penne al vodka and
I ate 5 breadless chicken wings with 2 Tablespoon of bluecheese..

While they ate at the garlic bread, they kept of offering it too me and it didnt even phase me... omg what an awesome feeling....
Alex

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
Way to go Alex, that is tough to do when you first start. I remember when my husband had friends over and they ordered pizza during my first month. Somewhere on this forum is me freaking out because the smell was so good I couldn't stand it. LOL

You rock! If you can withstand pizza now you are going to have no problem following the FTS lifestyle without any trouble. Way to go!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/