Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Weight Loss Stalled! WHY?

Breaking Plateaus with Fiber?

(1/5) > >>

mouseissue:
I may have stumbled upon something that may help break plateaus without adding a single net carb.

I recently started paying attention to the amount of fiber I get everyday.
Most veggies high in fiber also have at least some net carbs but I wanted to add fiber without net carbs.

Although I get an average of 31 grams of fiber a day from what I eat (according to FitDay.com), I supplement that with 4 caps of psyllium fiber 3 grams each (twice a day, morning and night) for an added 12 grams per day (43 grams daily total).
I started this last Tuesday 11/02/2010.

My weight was on a plateau for the last week and a half of October and first week of November.
But today, the scale says I lost 1.6 pounds!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I also noticed since I added the extra fiber that I now have "regular" BMs.
Before the added fiber, not so much.

I remember beebs asking; "HOLY POOP!!! Where did Gary (Katary) go?" after he submitted a recent "after" picture.
And Doug responded, "That's exactly where Gary went..... Holy Poop!".

I'm hope adding fiber will minimize future plateaus.
At least it's helping to keep me regular!  ;)

mouseissue:
Hi gang!  :)

We all know the importance of getting plenty of fiber in our diets for weight loss and good health.
Here's a web page that does a great job describing all the benefits of taking psyllium fiber.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/psyllium-000321.htm

Since my last post about this (below) on 11/06/2010, I have lost another 2.4 pounds!
The psyllium really seems to be working!  ;D ;D ;D

joagain:
Way to go tony big 30 Lb mark  ;D ;D ;D

mouseissue:

--- Quote from: joagain on November 12, 2010, 12:43:50 PM ---Way to go tony big 30 Lb mark  ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

It's so encouraging to reach major milestones like that!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Slow but sure, the "new and improved" me is emerging!

joagain:
Ever heard of the song

" I'm coming out I want the world to know I let the SUGAR go "" 
 Probably not cause I just added to the original .LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version