Common Questions, Ask Questions Here, Find Answers Here > Weight Loss Stalled! WHY?

Very slow weight-loss?

(1/5) > >>

Bruce:
  I am a little concerned about slow or no significant [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]. I've been closley monitoring carbs well under 20 per day and don't seem to be losing much. Don't have a scale yet but visually not much change. Been at it for little over 2 weeks. Is this unusual ? Any ideas? Thanks, Bruce

joagain:
slow weight loss is normal in my world ,but in most here on the forum they have lost pretty fast .hopefully yours will speed up plus you maybe getting hidden sugars /carbs from some of your foods . Good Luck and just stick to it !

ShihTzuMom1:
Bruce post your meal plan and the members will look it over and let you know if you are taking in hidden carbs.  You should weigh yourself to know where you have started.  If you don't have one, maybe a friend or relative does, or even your doctor's office.  You may not be able to tell by looks, but you probably have lost something.  If you are like some of us, we had our clothes stretched out so it took a while to get into a smaller size.  Just stay below the 20 net carbs and be careful reading labels.  I have used a food journal since I started and write everything down that goes in my mouth.  I have found that it helps me to be sure I don't go over.  Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Fat to Skinny journey.

Doug Varrieur:

--- Quote from: Bruce on February 04, 2011, 04:21:36 PM ---  I am a little concerned about slow or no significant weight loss. I've been closely monitoring carbs well under 20 per day and don't seem to be losing much. Don't have a scale yet but visually not much change. Been at it for little over 2 weeks. Is this unusual ? Any ideas? Thanks, Bruce

--- End quote ---

I'm sure you've lost weight Bruce and once you step on a scale you'll see the loss (assuming you have a start weight) To see the loss visibly after only two weeks depends on how much you currently weigh. A person who loses 10 pounds off of a 250 pound frame won't see it but a person who loses 10 pounds off of a 170 pound frame will.

Stay the course and don't be in a hurry. This is not a race or a diet, it's a lifestyle change and it will not only make you lose weight it will keep the weight off for life.  ;)

mouseissue:
Welcome to the family, Bruce!  :) :) :)

At this forum, we are all here to help each other reach or goals and stay there.
And, you will find the some of the most helpful and kind people on the planet.

Since you don't own a scale, this could be a blessing for you.
It's very easy to become obsessed with scale readings rather than focusing on ways to become successful in this new lifestyle.
I've slipped into this "trap" before and I've seen it happen to others here time and again.

Just weighing yourself every so often at your doc's office, could be a major help to you.
If you choose to do this, be sure you are wearing exactly the same thing at each weigh in for the most accurate results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version