Author Topic: My new favorite abdominal exercises … ones that have given me results!  (Read 2817 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
I'm so happy to report that all the "dimples" around my ab area are GONE!  I still have work to do - but I'm seeing results so it keeps me motivated.  I haven't done a sit-up/crunch in 4 weeks!  I read an article from U of Michigan (which was right in my backyard for many years) - that highlighted some of the more effective ab exercises … the plank, reverse plank and side plank.  The first week of doing the side plank was a nightmare because I had very little balance.  Now I can go a minute on each side!  The reverse plank is harder for me as it hurts my shoulder.  There is also a technique called "the vacuum" which you can do anytime anywhere - I try to do them while driving :)

The other super favorite is the stability roll out and stability curl up.  I don't have a stability ball at home so I use a towel on the floor - and it works.  Think of the ad for the "ab wheel".

Here's to swimsuit season!  Have a great 4th!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Good for you sunshine! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
That's great, Sunshine! :)

We feel so much better with a strong core especially when doing tasks that require strength and balance.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Well how about that.....from fat to fab! Congrats Sunshine, we're all rooting for you :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Getting there - I'll think of you while I'm shaking trying to lift one more rep and am about to pass out or doing another set of 3 60 second planks :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
You should be so proud of yourself!!! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Yes you should, Sunshine! ;D

Tony
What you do today is what matters!