Author Topic: What I ate today :D  (Read 51174 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
What I ate today :D
« on: June 19, 2013, 08:02:04 PM »
Okay...soooo Doug asked me post what I eat daily, your guess is right that I probably don't eat like I should, I don't eat very  much at all, but I just don't get hungry, and I keep weird hours so...I end up not eating too much. Today I have having a bad day, so what did I do? I ate 4 pickle spears for lunch (5 carbs) and then I had a 1/2 a cup of strawberries (3.5 carb) with 2 Tbspn Reddiwhip (1 carb) total so far 9.5 carbs. Dinner planned...depends on if I get hungry, but if I do it will be a Boca patty with cheese on top (0) carbs, the new ones are 0. I only drink water or almond milk unsweetened or metromint water :) now the pickles are unusual....I think I depleted my sodium levels on all the water pills and I was CRAVING pickles and pickle juice like an addict! I think that may be why I've been dizzy and feel like I'm blacking out...not to mention I also am on Norco, Soma, Amitryptaline (stomach issues) Nexium, and Robaxin.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

Re: What I ate today :D
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:40 PM »
Oh goodness how are you taking those meds without something on your tummy?  I would be so sick  :P :P  I have psoriatic arthritis and deal with pain all the time....the pain meds are...well...a pain  Haha   I can't take any of them without food.  It really sounds like you may be having some worrisome issues.  Maybe simply a electrolyte imbalance.  Or just possibly your meds working in your body with no food.  If you are still swelling, feeling dizzy and like you are blacking out....if it were me I would be back to the ER.  Something is amiss.  I will be sending prayers for you to feel better soon. 

On the FTS note...you are not eating enough.  I know we always say to not eat unless you are truly hungry, but that is to the point that you are actually putting food in your body.  You need nourishment.  Especially if you are feeling sick.  Not to mention you will put your body into starvation mode where it will slow your metabolism so slow as to not burn any fat.   I think maybe your body is trying to tell you something.  (not being hungry could be a symptom as well)  I don't mean to over step, but I've been reading your posts and I'm just concerned for you.  Sending hugs and good thoughts your way   :)   

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:27:05 PM »
Thanks TOOSweet...I've never actually been a very hungry person, honestly. I have to force myself to eat a lot of times because well...I just don't get very hungry. I've always eaten off of cravings, not hunger. Plus I have a 4 year old and an 8 week old and my husband cannot cook at all (he actually burned down a house at 18 trying to cook) so I have to cook all his food and I guess I stay so busy eating just isn't that big of thing for me. I've had the black out, dizzy issues most of my life...they come and go. Doctor's have never found a cause. It got so bad in pregnancy they hospitalized and ran a bunch of crazy tests but nothing came back. I don't take many meds a day and yes they too make me terribly sick and burn my stomach...I have two prescriptions for that too, metropomaclomide (Reglan) and promethezane (phenergan) and Nexium, that's part of my stomach care...that and famotidine. I've been hospitalized with nausea and vomiting issues since I was 12 and I'm 28 now...no real causes other then a few things they've found here and there. SIGH. Maybe I'll eat two patties tonight since they are 0...but yeah, I just don't get hungry that much...however I CRAVE a lot. I made a decision today when I almost gave up that there is no sense in giving up, because that craving will ALWAYS be there, so there's never going to be a "last time" I eat all that crap...I just have to get over the fact that there will always be people who can eat what they want and not gain to obesity...and I can eat sensibly and be thin or I can eat myself to death...it's up to me. Well, personally I want to get into those pants of mine instead of getting into some cake ;)
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:35:06 PM »
I made a decision today when I almost gave up that there is no sense in giving up, because that craving will ALWAYS be there, so there's never going to be a "last time" I eat all that crap...I just have to get over the fact that there will always be people who can eat what they want and not gain to obesity...and I can eat sensibly and be thin or I can eat myself to death...it's up to me. Well, personally I want to get into those pants of mine instead of getting into some cake
  What a great attitude!   ;D 

I understand having to force yourself to eat when you just don't have an appetite.  In a case like that I would be ever mindful of the choices you do make....sounds like every bite needs to count so to speak.   ;)   Hang in there girl   :)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »
Yes ma'am :D thank you friend for the encouragement!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
Hi, TabyTaby! :)

TwoSweet is correct!... You need more REAL food!!!
And with not holding water properly (an electrolyte imbalance), dizziness is common.

When I first lost some weight, I got light headed every time I lowered my head, then suddenly raised it.
Saw spots, felt nausea, etc..
Turns out, my blood pressure meds were working too well and need to be reduced.
I thank God I no longer need them!!! ;D ;D ;D

And you might want to find pickle spears that are less than 5 carbs for only 4!!! :o :o :o
One average dill pickle spear has about 0.5 grams each (or about 2 carbs for 4 spears).
As always... Read those labels carefully! ;)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
I have awesome blood pressure thank God and always have :D my spears show 1 carb for 3/4 of a spear...so I rounded up LOL. I'm so glad you are off your blood pressure meds!  That is awesome! Some days I do get hungry and could eat a lot if I don't watch it, but it's few and far between.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
Taby, check out these products- http://www.dixiediner.com/index.php?cPath=63&
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »
Oh Doug, I LOVE the Dixie Diner products, I just haven't been able to buy any this time around yet...friends you won't believe it. I just cried my eyes out this morning... :'( :'( :'( I GAINED TWO pounds since yesterday!!! Off of what I posted below...I don't even know how that is humanly possible. I hate my body. I'm so upset...so angry. I don't understand. It's worse than being stalled. I've now gained 3 pounds this week going from 241 to 244 :\ and I don't have a clue why. No sugar alcohols, no hidden carbs, I've gone over it and over and over it. So upset. I just don't know what else to do or say. I'm not giving up, but I'm totally upset.

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »
Wipe those tears away TT.  Put on your big girl panties and deal.  My best advice and this is what was told to me in those months I got upset with the scales and that is 'ditch the scales'.  I know you want to see the progress of losing but if this is how it affects you - NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!  It can't be if the result is feeling so bad about yourself.

I couldn't ditch them myself but I put them away where it was just to much effort to retrieve them. I'm only 5'2-1/2" so I stood on tippy toes and pushed them onto the top of my linen wardrobe (which has a depression in the centre and that's where they slid).  To get them out I had to go locate my ladder, manhandle it inside, get up it (and I hate heights, even a ladder) to fish them out.  They stayed there about a month, before it got to much for me.  That month did me a world of good.  This is about health so what need is a scale? weight loss is the bonus.

Our weight fluctuates  daily and, from what you have told us about your health and kidneys, it would fluctuate more so in your body.  Learning patience is also a virtue - I have been on a stall for 10 weeks straight now and I have reviewed everything and now putting on my 'big girl panties' and dealing.  I have momentary weaknesses thinking if I not losing why not chuck it in and try something else - but I am staying true because I know it will work out.  I feel good, and I don't want to feel bad again and I don't want to cry over my weight EVER EVER AGAIN.

So head up sweetie - you CAN do this.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »
Thanks Morgan :) the problem is I have to weigh to keep up with possible fluid retention...I can't just ignore it. And if I was just stalling, it wouldn't be so bad, I'm gaining! I went ahead and took another lasix...I'll report back what happens in the morning. It very well could be fluid...it has in the past! Time will tell right ;) I'm not giving up or anything, just upset that I'm gaining. Stalling I can handle...gaining straight ticks me off! That friggen fat can't win I tell you...it MUST give in soon LOL I have starved it of it's source so burn baby burn! LOL

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 12:55:05 AM »
So today, I never got hungry...and by the time I did, and needed to go to the store to get a couple ingredients...my husband was too late getting home and I didn't want to take the baby out because she's sick...and the hunger passed. I just forced myself to eat a chayote squash with butter and cheese, and it turned out really, really bad. I used to like them, this one was watery, and I just wasn't hungry I was trying to force it....and that's it. That's all I ate :\

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
By starving yourself you are setting yourself up to fail. You will never be able to maintain weight loss.When we tell you to eat only when hungry that does not mean to starve.The reality is most people on this  forum can get by on 2 meals and a snack.You are putting your health at risk.

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:01 AM »
Oh I'm not starving myself at all   :( ...the problem is, I just don't get hungry for a very long time. I'm not sure why. I think something is wrong. Very wrong...after the lasix yesterday, I woke up six pounds lighter again :\ I went from 244 to 238 this morning. I may be going to ER today or tomorrow...I'm not feeling well at all. In the past, when I've been very sick...my stomach is the first to shut down. Doctor says it's my body's way of preventing it from throwing up. I'll keep everyone updated. Just keep me in your thoughts or prayers. I appreciate you all and need you.

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »
I agree Taby...I'm concerned for you as well.  It could be something simple but it's not worth the risk to not check.  Especially with you only having one kidney.  Prayers being sent your way girl....feel better soon.   :)