Author Topic: Sneaky sneaky carbs, and hateful people  (Read 3065 times)

TabyTaby

• View Profile
Sneaky sneaky carbs, and hateful people
« on: June 16, 2013, 03:04:51 AM »
So, after reviewing my progress, and lack there-of at times, I was very discouraged again today...so I reread the 1rst Fat to Skinny Fast and Easy book...boy did that fuel me up! I began searching for hidden carbs that I might be missing because I really don't think sugar alcohols are totally to blame, they never hurt me last time around...and guess what I found? TWO culprits! One I think I posted on a couple years ago when I did this the first time...lemon juice. Guess what I forgot? Lemon juice has about 2.6grams of carbs per 2 Tbsp!!! Guess what I drench my water in? That's right...lemon juice! UGH how sneaky. The second one really shocked me. So I bought a very expensive, imported PURE vanilla extract and I've used it to flavor a few things there and there...today I read the ingredient since it's something I use often...guess what I saw? FRUCTOSE syrup!!! What in the world? How is that "pure"??? SMH they don't provide nutritional information on the box so I had to read the ingredients...a habit I'm just getting used to doing, and BAM...there it was :'(. So I went to the store and got a different brand that had NO sugar or sugar derivatives in it. Darn that vanilla!!! So at least there's still hope for me yet :P on another note...when I reread the book tonight I got so inspired, I felt more empowered than ever! So I posted a Facebook status and quoted Doug out of the part of the book that talked about cows being fattened up with grains and corn and no wonder we are fat...I talked about how I was inspired and I wouldn't give up and this would be so much healthier for my inside of body and guarantee that I never have to even face Diabetes...well guess what someone had to say? After all that, talking about being inspired and ready to make a lifetime commitment to change, not like last time, she responds, "Horses are fed grains and corn and they aren't fat." What is the point of that? So I told her, horses are also fed vegetables, they are ridden and they run, they get a lot of exercise, they are also portion fed by a farmer who probably doesn't want to waste money overfeeding them...cows and us, are overfed...we have as much as we want at our fingertips...cows aren't ridden, they don't run around a fence or pasture, and they are intentionally overfed (much like we do ourselves) to get fat. Unless you have a personal chef, you have to measure your portions yourself. She didn't respond ;) why are people so vile against being healthy? It's not like it's a bad thing. Sheesh.
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

shawn116

Re: Sneaky sneaky carbs, and hateful people
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:17:04 AM »
why are people so vile against being healthy? It's not like it's a bad thing. Sheesh.

Your guess is as good as mine...haha  I wonder if it's that they feel guilty for not doing the same thing  ???  They have to come up with excuses as to why they aren't.   People are funny  :D 

Good for you for investigating those carbs....keep your eye out.  Carbs are pretty sneaky!!  I have to constantly keep a check on my portions as well.  Remember the 15 minute rule Doug talks about.  Make your plate and eat half, wait 15 minutes,  if you are still hungry eat some more....it not save the rest for later.   ;) 

Taby do you have the motivational cd?  It's quite helpful when you are feeling frustrated.  You can always come here and talk to us though  ;)   Keep up the great work!!   ;D

http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com/product.sc;jsessionid=7DF6D283B07D97084F4FFD71EC1B1F26.m1plqscsfapp04?productId=14&categoryId=1

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:27 AM »
You are correct about the horses Taby, they are fed measured amounts and they get lots of exercise....don't fret about others comments...they mean nothing. Good catch on the hidden carbs... 8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:29 AM »
The proof is in the pudding so to speak.We cure type 2 diabetics every day and we teach type 1 diabetics how to eat to reduce their insulin intake.Fact ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »
I'm part of the proof, too! :)
My doctor declared that I was (and am) no longer type II diabetic after about 6 months living the FTS lifestyle!

Great argument about cows and horses. ;)

As someone who personally knows some local ranchers, I can tell you that
cows are fed grain to fatten them and cause marbling (fat pockets) in their meat.

As a horse owner, I can vouch that grain is the way we add weight to horses.
Given the amount we work we give them, we regulate the amount of grain, appropriately.
Too much grain will lead to FAT horses, cows, people, etc.!

Once some folks "adopt" an opinion, they treat it like a scientific fact.
And attempting to enlighten them is sometimes like asking someone to disavow the law of gravity. :D

And kudos for conquering the "carb creep". :) :) :)
Carbs have sneaky ways! ;)

Tony
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:36:58 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »
Thanks everyone! No I don't have it TooSweet...I'll have to look into that! Thanks everyone! I mean, if I had a personal chef I'd be as fit as a horse too LOL I have to become my own personal chef :) today I was down another pound...245. Slow but steady. When I started back again last Monday, I was 254 :) I haven't gone backwards in almost a week :D and the frustration and cravings are less! Yay! I was able to wear a shirt again I haven't worn since January 2012! That was a great motivator!
May you be blessed in all your endeavors, but most importantly, may you be humble. God keep you.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »
... Yay! I was able to wear a shirt again I haven't worn since January 2012!
That was a great motivator!

Hooray, TabyTaby! :) :) :)

Shinking in size!... That's what I call, weight loss SUCCESS!!! ;D ;D ;D

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »
Yippee! I loved your answer to that nay sayer (pardon the pun) about horses. Hehe. Hey, you're motivating me! I am very inspired by your progress and I just know you can do this and make it all the way and stay there! :-)

I get discouraged too easily and don't ask enough for help. It's a big downfall of mine. Maybe it's a lack of support on this subject, not sure. I've just gotten used to holding it all inside and trying to channel it but it doesn't always work...no wonder I get stress symptoms!

I hope we can be friends because I am struggling my way through this too!  :-D

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »
Thanks Tony! I was TOO excited! And the people at church who haven't seen me in a month due to sick kiddos noticed I had dropped too! YAY! Big win for low-carb low-sugar! Thanks Happy2bthin! Last time around I got discouraged A LOT and often got angry...sometimes the responses on here really upset me, even if they were right, but last time was much more difficult due to being a vegan instead of vegetarian! I didn't do it right at all and did it very unhealthily. I've gotten better about reaching out for help and encouragement because one thing we know here is...we are all in it TOGETHER. We have all gone through the similar, if not the same things as each other on this one topic. It's one topic that can bind us. We are all tired of being "special" for the wrong reasons, and we all want to make that change...be that person in the magazine that lost 80 pounds or 100 pounds or even more, and we want to do it the right way, without surgery or pills or "special pills"....we are all here for you anytime. If you need to vent, vent, I promise to only encourage and not criticize because I've been criticized my whole life and all that does is gain negative attention. Last time around I went from 286 to 186 :) I was a size 11/12, I'm a tall girl and have a bigger built structure persay. My final goal was 165, but it was never reached. This time the goal is 155 :) but if that's too thin for me I'll be thrilled with 165. I just want to get under 200 again! HA! We can do it!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:54 PM »
You are MORE than welcome, TabyTaby! :) :) :) :)

Feedback like you received at church validates the efforts you've put forth.
You're doing better than you think you are!!! :) :) :)

If we criticize here, it's to be constructive and NOT hurtful!
We KNOW what it's like to be that "special person", set apart from others by our size and weight.

The FTS family exists to help each member reach the goal of being that "skinny person"
that lives inside each of us, become a reality! :) :) :)

Tony

TabyTaby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:05 PM »
That's right...I can't wait to see the gap between my chunky legs again LOL  :D right now I look like I'm walking on upside down squashes  ;D

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Sneaky sneaky carbs, and hateful people
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »
Alol :D