Author Topic: Coconut Butter (not oil)  (Read 4281 times)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
Coconut Butter (not oil)
« on: February 27, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
Does anyone use or have feedback on coconut butter?  Is it useful, what do you use it for, etc.  I've never tried or used it and recently just heard about it.  Thanks everyone!

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Coconut Butter (not oil)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:04 PM »
Funny you ask , I don't know about either but today I bought coconut oil not sure I will use it for but it's zero carbs lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »
Coconut oil adds moisture to recipes and you can fry with it.I have extremely dry skin because of menopause so I use it on my feet at night and on my hands and face,Its also good for your hair.I have not seen coconut butter :)

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:05:22 PM »
Awesome thanks ! My hands are terribly dry from winter and washing them so much :)

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »
My girlfriend just went back home to Tailand for a visit.  She said that no one there washes with soap on their face.  They use coconut oil.  Put it on - wait five minutes - wipe it off.  I have been doing this ever for about two weeks now.  It sure helps.  Umpa, you also said you rubbed on your feet at night and you wear socks to bed.  Great idea.  I haven't heard of coconut butter, though!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »
I read this & just had to Google it for you-
Coconut butter is produced by grinding the meat of a coconut into a butter-like creamy product. Used most commonly as a spread similar to butter, its meaty properties also make it a functional skin exfoliant. Comprising both fat and fiber, coconut butter has a harder texture than coconut oil and should not be used for frying because it burns easily. When used in cooking such as candy making, coconut butter is melted at very low temperatures to prevent burning.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 09:07:32 AM »
What a great idea enreino ;)

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:11 AM »
Mary treats her acne with sterile coconut oil. She uses a new plastic spoon each time to dip in the jar. It heals any infected pimple too. She washes with a tea tree oil cleanser(I want to make my own soon), then applies coconut oil. Leaves it on for 15 minutes, rinses off. Then she applies coconut oil to her acne infections and scars. After a week, her face looks amazingly clear of acne, only a couple very tiny dots left.

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
I am using extra virgin coconut oil, but it is probably the wrong one to use.  I will try looking for the sterile coconut oil.  is it still hard or does it come as a liquid.  I saw a liquid coconut oil at a shop, but didn't read the label.  too much in a hurry to get out of the store.

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 03:52:23 PM »
I would never have guessed it would help with acne.  My initial reaction was that it would only clog pores more - so I'm ecstatic to see how it works when one of those silly bumps pops up on my face!

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
Coconut oil starts off sterile. You keep it that way by never touching the oil in the container with your hands & always use a sterile spoon to get some out.

shawn116

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »
I agree with everyone..... I love it on my skin.  I have psoriasis (very much like eczema) and it works great for dryness as well as a great anti-fungal agent.   Coconut oil is extremely healthy and is now said to be helpful for folks with Alzheimer and dementia as its very healthy for the brain.   I love the stuff for cooking and my own chocolate making.  Used for what many call fat bombs and bullet proof coffee.  Makes wonderful home made "magic shell" for your ice cream  ;) ;)  I haven't used the coconut butter but have seen it in places like Trader Jo's and Whole Foods.  Also the coconut oil won't be in a liquid on its own.  It melts easily at a little over room temperature though.  I've seen some in liquid form but mixed with another kind of cooking oil.    Just had to throw my 2 cents in  haha 

o0OSusieO0o

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 09:13:16 PM »
I'd like to ingest more coconut oil to PREVENT Alzheimer and dementia.  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 07:56:25 AM »
TooSweet chocolate shell???For ice cream???? :)

rennard

• View Profile
    • search marketing agency London
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »
There are many healthy benefits in coconut oil. I guess that is main reason why coconut oil is used in tropical countries for many years.