Author Topic: What health benefits have you gained by living FTS?  (Read 8739 times)

owensmath

What health benefits have you gained by living FTS?
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »
I haven't had so much as a cold since I started FTS in March of 2010. I am a middle school teacher who teaches about 100 students daily, who all take turns passing the germs around. They skip right over me! No need for antibiotics, cold medicine, etc....

My hA1C dropped from over 11 to 6.4, and I do not take any diabetes medicines.

shawn116

Re: What health benefits have you gained by living FTS?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
I started FTS in April of 2011 not knowing how it would change my life  ;)
Here is my list...I'm sure I can think of more   LOL

No more Diabetes medicine including 2 different pills and insulin shots
No more High blood pressure medicine
No more High Cholesterol medicine
No more acid reflux medicine
Not as much pain medicine for my arthritis (to bad it won't cure that...but maybe it is little by little)
No more bloating....sluggish....tired all the time
Haven't had a cold or flu or even a sniffle ....allergy season doesn't seem to bother me  ;D ;D  
A1C has gone down to a 5.3 and my blood sugar stays at normal range now!!!!  Yea!!  :D

Man I sound like I was a mess!!!   :P :o :o    Ha!!  Not any more.....All thanks to FTS  ;)   
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 07:53:15 PM by TooSweet »

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
I started Jan. 2012 I had 2 bouts with the flu 1 in Jan. and 1 in Mar. but it was due to allergies (roommate at the time had a cat) but have had no more issues with acid reflux ;D also high blood pressure has been lower ;) no more HBP meds ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

SarahC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »
Started in Oct. 2011. The acid reflux is much better. No colds or flu this winter. I feel better, I was having dizzy spells but those are gone. I don't go to doctors, so don't know if there is anything else.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
I've had very similar experiences as you all except my diabetes stopped short of requiring insulin shots.
All those wonderful benefits PLUS energy levels that are through the roof!!! :) :) :) :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D FTS is the BOMB!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
I started in May, 2011.  I had a nasty case of bronchitis in February but recovered quickly and  avoided at least 3 flu bugs that ran through the office.

Donna, I know classrooms are little incubators for all things contagious, but offices are a problem, too.  Everyone thinks they are so vital to the mission that they can't possibly miss work. 

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »
Good point, Andrea. I wonder if there are any forum members who work in a doctor's office or hospital setting who have noticed a difference in their ability to stay healthier...... 

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »
Energy through the roof, clear head, no drowzy days, dibetes a thing of the past, no joint pain in my knees, no heartburn, AND everything tastes better! :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »
Energy through the roof, clear head, no drowzy days, dibetes a thing of the past, no joint pain in my knees, no heartburn, AND everything tastes better! :)

The only difference for me is I didn't have diabetes but was probably on my way.  I started FTS July 2011.  Energy level is thru the roof.  I can go longer and harder than I thought I would ever be able to.  Two years ago I hurt both my knees and could hardly walk.  Today, 31 pounds lighter I am running circles around myself packing for our big trip.  I started at 4:30 AM and it's 9:30 PM and I'm not even tired.  The sluggies are gone and the body responds to my brain.  I agree, FTS is the bomb!  I will never go back.  FTS feels sooooo good and is a great way to eat, why would I want to LOL.

Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

Waterlilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »
I would like to add a list of INITIAL changes from FTS (for those just starting the program).

Second comment in two weeks "you look thinner - have you lost weight?". Not really. But I DO FEEL thinner. Hmmm, something is going on.

The ability to eat breakfast at 8am and NOT need lunch until around 2 or 3pm AND to feel steady, stable blood sugar throughout that time.

Sleeping better

Reduced anxiety

The feeling of steady, stable blood sugars ALL THE TIME! (have had issues with hypoglcemia since I was a kid - undiagnosed but still wicked)

Eating MUCH healthier - my grocery cart circles the perimiter of the store and it is FULL of things like green beans, lettuce, spinach, bacon, sour cream, LC yogurt, deli meats, pork rinds, and good cheeses.

It's CHEAPER! No way? Yep. I used to spend a LOT more buying junk like Lean Cuisines and boxed cereals. My bill actually went DOWN.

This WOE forces me to plan a little but I eat better (simple stuff) and I am actually listening to my body instead of drugging it.

Knowing that I will never develop Type II diabetes...PRICELESS!! 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: What health benefits have you gained by living FTS?
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:08 AM »
Where ya going suz:-*

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:21:51 PM »
Where ya going suz:-*

Sorry hadn't responded Umpa, we left this morning at 7:30AM.  We are traveling thru GA, KY and MO to get to Wamego, Kansas.  We have a granddaughter graduating high school the 19th.  We will go to Wichita, KS; Kansas City, MO and return to Wamego for another granddaughter's wedding.  TooSweet and her daughter (another granddaughter) are on the road too.  They are traveling by car.  We are pulling our 35' camper with our big pickumup truck.  We are traveling with our 3 cats.  After June 3rd we are headed for South Dakota badlands, Yosemite, Washington state, California and areas unknown or seen by me (hubby has seen some of these areas).  All this in our camper with 3 cats.  We will probably be on the road at least 2 months, maybe 3.  It took some arranging but we closed up the house and are on our way.  Thanks goodness we bought a MIFI Verizon hotspot.  Now I have secure traveling wifi...too cool.

Love the camper life, it supports my FTS lifestyle a lot better.  I precooked a lot of foods and planned menus.  I pre-mixed dry goods for Izzet's breads and the OMM batches I make.  I brought lots of FTS foods that I can't buy just anywhere.  I had already tested the camper oven and know how it bakes LOL.  Hopefully, I can keep loosing even while we travel.
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

BigTex

• If you are a quitter you can't be a loser!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
WOW that sounds awesome Suz!! I hope ya'll have a great time and enjoy the trip ;D ;D
Will ---

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 10:23:02 PM »
That sounds like quite an adventure, Suz! Have fun!

moose61

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32:23 PM »
I've only been doing this for 7 weeks, but I've lost 28 pounds, don't have acid reflux anymore, sleep better and have way more energy to get things done after work. I also have about a dozen pairs of pants that fit again. I like eating like this.