Author Topic: Hi Guys.  (Read 2419 times)

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi Guys.
« on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
After man months of taking care of my sciatica and gaining 16 pounds from all of the steroids and just plane old being lazy and I have to admit a little crazy too, I am ready to get back in control of my life and my body!

I know I had said this before, and then didn't do it but now I don't have a choice.  My husband had a heart attack last Monday, and had to have three stents and two balloons.  You want to talk about scared?  Well I was, and I still keep looking at him as though he's going to break.  I have started him as well as the rest of the family (joey's no problem, he's my wing man) He's not supposed to eat too much red meat, so we are opting for Chicken, Turkey and Fish but so far so good. 

I have already dropped 2 pounds, so I'm feeling confident.  You know I think I'm a nervous eater, or I eat when I'm upset.  Because I found myself in the hospital cafeteria more times than I should have!  I need to watch this, because this morning I had a problem at work only seconds after arriving, and I went right for the kitchen.  Need to keep that under control!

Love you guys, and missed you sooooo much!
Mary 

suzanneT

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi Guys.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:13:26 AM »
Hi! I am so sorry your family has had to go through this... but your DH is a lucky man to have a wife who is committed to his health as well as her own! You guys are going to come back stronger and healthier than ever! How is your Sciatica now?
 I am a stress eater too, so I know what you are talking about. Can you stock your own snacks in the office fridge? Maybe leave some sugar free jellos or turkey rolls in there for when you have a freak out moment?

Andrea

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Welcome back, Mary.  I'm sorry for your trials but it seems that you are on the right track.  You know what to do.

We'll keep your family in our prayers.

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 07:14:05 PM »
Hi Mary!!  Good to see you  ;)  I'm sending prayers for your husband to have a speedy recovery.....we are here for you dear. 

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
scary stuff - I'm sure all will go well.  Prayers for a speedy recovery for your hubby.

marylepera

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - lepera.mary
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Thank you so much for your prayers and well wishes.  It's going to be a up hill battle with my two oldest kids, but we are going to do this, and if they don't like it... well I already told them they both have jobs and are welcome to eat out! 

Turkey rolls and sf jello are a great idea!  I'm running out in a while, and I think I will stop at my house and grab some for the office.  I'm not going to back down this time, no matter what!

Mare

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »
Hiya Mary***HUGZ*** After Dougs heart attack I turned into a MAJOR control freak and it helped me deal with it. You are doing everything right and I am proud of you.If we can help please ask :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »
Welcome home, Mary!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Heart attacks are scary. I'm happy to hear that your hubby survived it.
Think of him when you think about eating things you shouldn't.

The Lord has given you guys a second chance.
Make the most of it! :)
What you do today is what matters!

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 03:11:35 PM »
Hi Mary,

First of all, I will have you in my prayers. I understand your dilemna of being an emotional eater.. It really is difficult..

Welcome back!!!!

Alex
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt