Author Topic: Admission...  (Read 8855 times)

freeinHim

Admission...
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »
So, I have just gone through my first TOM since starting FTS and it was disastrous!  I think I actually gained weight this week from all the food that I ate.  I stuck with FTS and kept it under 20 carbs per day, but I've been an eating machine.   :o I've decided to re-read the book and get back to basics tomorrow. We've got a biggest loser competition at work beginning on Thurs, so that will be additional motivation. In the past I would have allowed something like this to be the beginning of the end...since I'd failed once again.  Not this time! Today I commit to moving on and doing better tomorrow!  Here's to new beginnings and being one of the top ten biggest losers when I do my last weigh-in on March 8th!!!  ;D ;D ;D

shawn116

Re: Admission...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:27 PM »
Please keep in mind that the TOM will for sure cause you to retain water weight.  Good for you for not giving up.  Rereading the book is always a good idea though.  I myself have read it at least 6 times aside from referring to certain pages at times. 

Don't forget to take your measurements.  At least around the tummy.  That way you can see the inches coming off even if the scale doesn't move.    ;D

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »
Hahaha  Marty you crack me up  ;D  It has been a while for me as well but I do remember that when I did have it I would gain anywhere from 5 to 8 lbs and go back down when it was over.   :P :P  It's tough being a woman sometimes  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
I eat more during TOM too.I try to eat iron rich foods.I find my body craves what it needs.I like steak,spinach,and cookies! :D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »
Hi Malene! :)

One thing that science has right about weight loss is... Overeating can cause weight gain.
Beyond the TOM factor, portion control is VERY important to successfully losing weight.
As you read Doug's book again, you'll see the importance of portion control.

Don't feel bad about ANY gain. Just learn from it, and move on.

After spending a lifetime hearing the misinformation about weight loss, it takes a while to get FTS-comfortable.
But remember, FTS is a way of living for the rest of your life.
The more ways you find to enjoy it, the more fun it will be! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

freeinHim

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:00:27 PM »
Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and understanding (and Marty for a good laugh!)!  I've been avoiding the scale at home, but I'm looking forward to the beginning of the contest at work as it feels like a clean slate.  I've totally been overeating....and eating when I'm not hungry.  :P  I made a pan of the focaccia style OMM bread yesterday and it's almost gone!  Unlike a few others that have said that they're not "bread people", I am very much a "bread person".  I'll stick with the single-serving OMM from now on instead of the tripling it in a pan.  It's too much temptation for now.  So, I'll steer clear of the bakery stuff for a while, keep it simple and watch my portion sizes.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your words of wisdom.  You guys are awesome!  :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:25:12 PM by freeinHim »

owensmath

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 08:28:04 PM »
I see Tony has shown up in the girls locker room! LOL.   

Girly girl talk!

shawn116

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Giggle  ;D

Rena

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »
I eat more during TOM too.I try to eat iron rich foods.I find my body craves what it needs.I like steak,spinach,and cookies! :D

Cookies!  :D  :D  :D

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:33:27 AM »
 ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »
Oops! ::)

Was in a hurry and didn't notice the topic location.
Just another brain fart, I guess.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 08:25:40 AM »
Oh Tony, we just think of you as one of the girls! :D

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 08:54:45 AM »
I was going to say that, too!   :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 11:21:25 AM »
Oh Tony, we just think of you as one of the girls! :D

I appreciate the sentiment... But I think I'll pass on the ribbons and bows. :D :D :D

shawn116

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »
 :D :D