Author Topic: Depressed -- UPDATED!  (Read 11301 times)

Rena

Depressed -- UPDATED!
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »
I'm having a lot of issues right now. Not fun. It looks like I'll be having a minor surgery soon. Just an outpatient thing. I had the same procedure in 2010, but the problem is back. My doctor said if it comes back a third time, we might consider a hysterectomy.

Yesterday I had a mammogram. Today I got a call that they "need to look at something closer", so now I get to spend the next four days worrying about something I have no control over.

Here I am, finally down to a healthy weight, exercising regularly, and finally in a normal BMI range -- and I'm falling apart everywhere else. Life seems so unfair sometimes.  :'(

I posted an update below ...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:38:03 PM by Rena »

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Depressed
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
Oh, Rena... I'm praying that you'll pull through all this just fine.

Life does seem unfair sometimes.
But I believe everything we experience has its reasons.

Have faith and think positive... The Lord always has an eye on you.
What you do today is what matters!

NSands

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37:22 PM »
Rena,
Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain.  God is in control of ALL things, not some things, but All things.  Praying for you.

[/url]

Rena

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
Thank you, Tony and NSands.

joagain

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »
Rena try not to worry dont ya just hate when something like this happens on a Friday  :( >:(  I know it is easy to say dont worry  I have to say it all the time to myself with ty diabetes & now driving  :( . '
I do have to remind myself we really have control over 2 things what we put in our mouths & what comes out of them !!!!  God is in control of everything else !!!
I had a hysto 16 years ago I never regreted it at all !! I hope & pray everything will be fine  ;)

joagain

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:32 PM »
Why do you worry? Don’t you realize that it will get you nowhere?

There you sit worrying about tomorrow. But don’t you realize that today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday? And tomorrow I’ll end up repeating myself to you.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
And still, here we sit. With none of our worries coming to fruition.

getskinny

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »
Rena
I know how hard this is on you.  I was asked back  for mammogram but it was because of  weigh loss and there was such a dramatic change they needed to make sure everything was ok.  I will pray all goes well for you.

Blessings
Faith

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 08:11:42 AM »
Hey Rena.  I will definitely say a prayer for you!   I got a call to come back like that after a visit in 2003.   I ended up having to have a total hysterectomy due to uterine fibroids & ovarian cysts.  I was 40 at the time, and we were not planning to have any more children anyway.  Honestly, like Jo, I have NEVER regretted it!  Life got SO much easier without that "monthly" visitor.  .....and you can plan vacation ANYTIME!  ha ha    Seriously, try not to worry, and know that we are all here for you.  Love you girl.  :)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 08:54:23 AM »
Rena try not to worry dont ya just hate when something like this happens on a Friday  :( >:(  I know it is easy to say dont worry  I have to say it all the time to myself with ty diabetes & now driving  :( . '
I do have to remind myself we really have control over 2 things what we put in our mouths & what comes out of them !!!!  God is in control of everything else !!!
I had a hysto 16 years ago I never regreted it at all !! I hope & pray everything will be fine  ;)

Rena,  sorry to hear about what you are going thru.  Hope all will be well.  I just had my 3rd mammo after putting it off for 7 years-(why?).  I guess I thought what I didn't know wouldn't hurt me.  Anyway my 1st 2 mammo's resulted in biopsy's and I dreaded a third one-so I put it off.  Everything was fine and I worried for nothing.  My hysto was when I was 28 and now am 58....30 years without TOM has been a blessing.  My only problem was menopause..I didn't know that person LOL but I (and family) survived.  Husband's favorite saying is "I only worry about what I have control over, since I have control over so little..no need to worry"  I have finally realized he is soooooo right.  Thinking of you and hope all goes well.  Suz
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »
All will be well.You have done so well taking care of you and getting healthy.No matter what happens you will get through it easier because of your good health :-*

NewMe11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:41 AM »
I am so sorry you're going through this. Just keep your head up and remember you have support!

Rena

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your comments, support, and prayers.

Alex Cruz

• Forget yesterday, live today for a better tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 07:41:59 PM »
Hi Rena, I will pray that God gives you the guidance and results you hope for. 
Alex

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

shawn116

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »
HI Rena....wow I'm so sorry you having this worry  :(  I sure know what that is like.  Especially with the female issues.  I had my hysto back in my eary 20's a year after my daughter was born.  Hang in there... I know the days seem so long when waiting news and test results.    I'm sending prayers that all will be well.

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »
Hi Rena ~

So sorry you have these worries!  I think the waiting is the worst part!  I will be praying for you that all goes well so please keep us updated. 

Kim