Author Topic: Shirataki Tofu Pasta from House Foods  (Read 8268 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Shirataki Tofu Pasta from House Foods
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
When I weighed like a million pounds one of the biggest culprits was pasta...I love pasta. Of course pasta made me a big FAT guy and had to go. Don't believe anything you read about low carb wheat based pasta, it's all lies.

When House-Foods came out with Shirataki Tofu pasta I was thrilled! at only 2 grams net carbs for an entire package my pasta recipes all came back to me YEA!! This soy based product is wonderful and you'll love it. When you open the package it has a bit of a fishy odor so rinse it well, drain it and pat it dry with a paper towel. It's all cooked so simply add sauce, meats, Alfredo, ricotta, whatever your flavor. You'll find this product in the produce section of many grocery stores. Here's the web link to their site to check out the products and find a retailer near you.

http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

Yum Yum :)

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Cyndi

• Waiting & blessing the Savior...Shalom † Peace
    • View Profile
Re: Shirataki Tofu Pasta from House Foods
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:18 PM »
a million pounds...lol~~...I love pasta too so this is wonderful....so now i slowly begin this lead~little by little i will learn so the change can begin..... I am excited and nervous but it is time! Praise the Lord!

.. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17

Joanne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 09:34:40 PM »
Doug

I finally found the Shiritaki Tofu noodles yesterday.What would be the best recipe to make for us non tofu lovers? I need your absolute best recipe for using these noodles so that I can convince my husband to try them
Thanks

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 08:10:20 AM »
Hmm mix some almond milk a little glucoman powder and a mega ton of cheese bake @350 for 35-50 minutes. Best mac and cheese ever!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 09:19:57 AM »
Make your husbands favorite spagetti recipe and use the noodles and dont tell him!thats what I would do and have done to Doug! ;D

sbclark

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
 :D
Started 6/1/10

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »
Did I say that out loud?hehehehe

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
EVERYONE I make this for loves it :)

Just remember to rinse them very well...they have a bit of a fishy odor when they come out of the brine, pat dry in the collander and leave them their while you cook the following;

Shrimp Lo Mein with Sweet Red Peppers and Scallions

INGREDIENTS
1 package of Shirataki Tofu Noodles
˝ pound medium size shrimp
˝ red bell pepper, julienned
2 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-3 tablespoons sugar free teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon sweet butter
salt and pepper to taste

Start by opening your package of noodles.  They are already cooked so simply drop them in a strainer and rinse well. While your noodles are draining melt your butter over medium high heat in a non stick skillet. Peel your shrimp and julienne your red bell pepper. Quickly sauté your shrimp and pepper in the melted butter until your shrimp turn reddish in color. Remove the shrimp and pepper and set aside in a bowl making sure to reserve the liquids in the pan. Place your teriyaki, soy and  noodles into the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring well to completely coat the noodles. Remove the noodles from the pan and place in the bowl with the shrimp and peppers, once again reserving the liquid. Increase the temp to high and bring the liquid to a boil.
Reduce the liquid to a syrupy consistency and remove from heat. Toss all your ingredients back into the pan including your chopped scallion and mix well. Salt and Pepper to taste, plate and serve with a green side salad
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:22:59 PM »
        Again I am drooling over pics of food. I have been missing pasta real bad.  That looks awsome!
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas