Author Topic: Why did Atkins make me so grouchy?  (Read 5377 times)

kathywill61

• View Profile
    • Email
Why did Atkins make me so grouchy?
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
Hi Doug,
I just came across your book while searching books at an online bookseller.  It looks and sounds a lot like the Atkins plan.  I did that years ago and lost 40 lbs., but put it all back on, and then some, as soon as I stopped that way of eating.  I also limited myself to 20 carbs per day and after about six months, I was so grouchy, I had to stop.  I was told that the strict reduction in carbs is what caused the moodiness and irritability.  I'd love to hear your input.
Thanks so much...

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Why did Atkins make me so grouchy?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:34:05 PM »
Hi Kathy, welcome to the forum :) Your long and short answer is variety. Years ago the Atkins diet was defined by most as the meat, eggs and cheese diet, and for the most part it was. Dr Atkins didn't have the ability at that time to offer such an extensive variety of low carb low sugar products as we have today. He also wasn't big on teaching replacement foods for all your favorites. On the FAT TO SKINNY eating plan we go without nothing. All we do is simply replace all of your high sugar favorites with low sugar replacements. Browse the forum recipe exchange and you'll start to get a feel for what I'm taliking about.

Now I'm not telling you that you may not go through a grouchy period up front as you break the sugar habit. One of our readers actually posted her "grouchy" time on this forum, how long it took and how she felt when it broke.

I hope you give the program a shot and keep vocal in the forum. Everyone is here to help as you'll be here to help others  :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why did Atkins make me so grouchy?
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:14:52 PM »
Ive been 20 carbs a day for 4 months on May 6th and have never had any negative results...Im so much happier when I pull on those baggy clothes and even happier when the belt notches go up and at bliss when I get me that brand new smaller size of clothing... :D
Live each day as if it was on purpose.