Author Topic: YAY ME!!  (Read 5716 times)

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
  • A year from now you'll wish you'd started today
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: YAY ME!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 01:28:19 PM »
Thanks Sherri!  I was SO happy to FINALLY be able to update my ticker as of this morning!!  I had been so anxious to get to 70 !!  My next little goal is to get under the UGLY number of 300...ugh  (I weighed 306 this morning.)  Even my mom couldn't believe it when I told her I started at 376 and still weigh over 300 now.  :o  She said she figured I probably weighed around 240.  ha ha ha  (Being TALL with a large frame does have it's advantages.  At least there's more room to hide it I guess...??  ha ha)   Thanks again!!  I am so excited!!   ;D           

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
Hooray Maddysmom!!!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Your goal is getting closer all the time!
What you do today is what matters!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »
Thanks so much Mouseissue!  I've considered changing my goal weight. ??  I just picked 176 since it would be a nice even 200 pounds to lose.  I guess I'll just stay the course and see what happens.  I am enjoying the journey!!  :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
Thanks so much Mouseissue!  I've considered changing my goal weight. ??  I just picked 176 since it would be a nice even 200 pounds to lose.  I guess I'll just stay the course and see what happens.  I am enjoying the journey!!  :)

Hi Maddysmom! :)

I picked my goal weight as a round number that should be close to what I should comfortably weigh.
Wishful thinking says I "may" reach that weight before I reach the goal on my ticker as it is now.

Many years ago, I was about 10 pounds under that weight (and within the weight range my BMI says I should be) and was told by many that I looked too skinny.
And I was!!!... My cheeks were sunken and I looked bony and scant (almost anorexic). I remember feeling weak and crappy too!
I ain't going there again!... No way!!!

owensmath

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »
I chose my goal weight by plugging in my height to an online BMI calculator and putting weights in until I hit the top of the "normal" range.

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
Hey Donna, I checked several sites.  The "medical" community says I should weigh 152-173, but I found one site that said a realistic goal would be 209!  I liked that one!  ha ha

....and Tony, I agree.  I also just want to get to a comfortable weight and feel good!  .....like the "normal" people. :)   

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 08:14:07 AM »
They are in the Bakery Book.I did lemon mini cheesecakes. I got the liner idea from a very nice italian lady at a cheesecake shop in Manhattan. ;)
70 pounds maddiesmom you must be  ;D thrilled!!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
I chose my goal weight by plugging in my height to an online BMI calculator and putting weights in until I hit the top of the "normal" range.

Hi owensmath!  :)

I would like to point out the gorilla sized flaw in the BMI scale.

The BMI scale uses an assumption that EVERYONE has an "average" body type and frame.
If your body happens to be within those assumed ranges, your BMI ideal weight should be fairly accurate.
If you happen to be outside those "averages", your comfortable and healthy weight will be outside your BMI weight range.
The further away from those "averages" you are, the more inaccurate your BMI ideal weight will be for you.

My body type suited me well as a college football player.
I have a large frame with large bones.
That is, I'm broad shouldered and I cannot touch the tip of my thumb to the tip of my middle finger around either wrist.

Having this body type and frame, my ideal BMI weight range is actually a good deal underweight for me.
Being much older than I was many years ago, that ideal weight will most likely be a little bit higher than it was back then.

The moral... Be cautious putting much faith in the BMI scale.
A significant number of people have bodies that are NOT average... And you may be one of them!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
Maddysmom, Congrats on your 70 pound weight loss!!  That is great!!

Maddysmom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
Thanks SO MUCH Mom1!   Congrats to YOU too!!!   I just saw that you are at your goal weight!  That must be such an awesome feeling!  Way to go girl!!!  ;D

Tony...thanks for this extra info.  I just tried to reach around my wrist with my thumb and middle finger.  They won't touch unless I squeeze real hard.  So I DO have big bones!  I knew it!!!  lol

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 09:18:26 AM »
You need to pick a weight or size that you can maintain for your age owensmath.All the charts say i should be 115 pounds.I haven't been that since i was a teenager before I got boobs! :D I pick a size and stay there.For me its a size 8-10.I can maintain that with no problem. ;)