Author Topic: You can do FTS anywhere especially if you plan ahead!  (Read 1795 times)

lowcarbnic

• View Profile
You can do FTS anywhere especially if you plan ahead!
« on: August 15, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
Yesterday I went to a spicy food festival with my hubby and I managed my sugar/carb intake just fine with a little planning.

I brought my gg crispbread for salsa sampling and only ate NO sugar salsa (and double checked ingredients)
I avoided all chicken dishes with sauces and asked if we could walk to the grocery store so that I could get some grilled salmon with a side of greek salad and even asked them to go lighter on the cheese so that I wouldn't take in too many carbs at one sitting.

Passed on the Vitamin water and then checked the bottle only to find 16g of carbs in one serving. Good thing I avoided it!  Instead I had a Chai black teabag with a splash of cream.

I packed my own I.B One Carb Chocolate Muffins (soooo delicious) for a snack along with some veggies.

While my husband ate grilled corn, jerk chicken sandwich, corn chowder and a chiuro I had no interest because I enjoyed my food.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you plan and prepare and make the extra effort this can be done!  

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: You can do FTS anywhere especially if you plan ahead!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:40:13 PM »
Absolutly! we do it all the time and NEVER go hungry...What we do get are people saying  to us "where did you get THAT?"
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

toddy44

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 09:01:47 PM »
Lowcarbnic I spent all day at a Festival today and I totally agree.

I got up and had two pieces of low-carb bread, toasted with butter and no-sugar jam.  I usually only eat one piece, but because I had no idea when I would be eating next I decided to have 2.  Luckily as it was about 5 hours later before I had anything else.  I wasn't hungry though and only ate when I was.

My hubby (who is not on the FTS ride with me), luckily likes meats and cheeses and we packed a cooler full of yummy salamis, proscuitto, ham and two different types of cheeses.  He ate carb ridden crackers, while I had roll ups of the meat and cheese and one GG crispbread.  I also packed a tortilla to be completely covered.

It was so hot in Ontario today, I am completely sunburned, but I drank so much water and I seriously think that most of the time we think we are hungry, when we are just thirsty.  I had a nibble on a piece of chicken when I got home while preparing my lunchbox for work tomorrow.
I am not hungry and do not feel like I missed out on anything at all today.  All I kept thinking about the people eating all the carb-laden fries and popcorn etc., was, poison, poison, poison.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:48:09 AM »
i love italian coldcuts I stock up at the sams club.Great prices!