Author Topic: Miracle Noodles  (Read 8733 times)

gonnagetthere

Miracle Noodles
« on: August 06, 2010, 04:33:39 PM »
Is the Shirataki Tofu Noodles  the same or better then the Miracle Noodles ? Is one cheaper then the other ? Also can you buy them at a store like Publix ? Thanks

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Miracle Noodles
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
Me, too!!!  I've been wondering the same thing  -  would love to hear from those who have tasted both!

I just purchased an 8 oz pkg of Shirataki spaghetti noodles at Publix @$2.39, and purchased another at Whole Foods @ $1.99.  At our Publix, the noodles are in with the organic veggies.

gonnagetthere

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
Were they good ? Did they have in carbs in them ? If you have not had them yet let me know when you try them . Maybe Doug  or someone will let us know soon.

romarc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:30 PM »
One carb for 4 oz serving (spaghetti noodles).  They were'nt bad - actually they didn't have much taste at all.  They are kinda smelly - just be sure to rinse noodles many times (4 or 5 times,) drain, pat dry, and the smell pretty much disappears.

In Doug & Umpa's Fried Chicken/Pasta video, he puts noodles in a pan of EVO/butter mixture with dry seasonings, cheese, topped with tomato sauce, which I hope to try next week.

Never had miracle noodles so I can't compare the two...

gonnagetthere

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »
I seen his vid it look delicious that is what I want to make . What did you put on yours ? 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »
Shiritaki are available at publix in the veggie section.I have tried both and prefer shiritaki spagetti and alfredo noodles.They are both good.There are also other brands at the chinese grocery stores.Doug discovered that when he was in San Franscisco.I apologise in taking so long to answer you guys I have been out of town picking up my grandson. :)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 03:54:47 PM »
No problem I will get some tommorrow & try them ,I do like my pasta .

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Shirataki, Miracle and other brands of yam noodles are made from tofu (soy) and tonnyaku (aka konjac, a high-fiber variety of Chinese yam). They are all pretty much the same in flavor and texture. They also all need a good rinse or 5 :) before use..... and they are all wonderful. If you have an oriental market in your town check out these other Konjac noodles I found in San Fran with our daughter Jennifer :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

gonnagetthere

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »
Thanks I will see if we have a oriental store not sure that we do ,Thanks Doug .

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
I just got a shipment of Miracle Noodles but haven't had a chance to try them yet.  Still haven't found the Victoria Sauce so guess I will have to order that too and stick with the Alfredo for now.  We really like the House Foods ones.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:25 AM »
Paula do you have a big lots near you?I just bought a Dellanno sauce there that is a 3.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »
I do have a Big Lots, close enough to go on my lunch hour! I will look tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

owensmath

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 07:54:45 PM »
I have put pot roast over the shirataki noodles and spooned a little extra of the broth in with it. It's very good. I chopped up the noodles, so it was like putting it over rice. Whatever you put with the noodles is what they taste like.