Author Topic: A different twist on french toast  (Read 3304 times)

shawn116

A different twist on french toast
« on: February 02, 2013, 09:19:18 AM »
I finally got around to trying this recipe for french toast made with pork rinds this morning...I have to say I was very surprised how it came out!  No really!!  LOL  It was pretty darn good.  This will make 3 to 4 nice size pancakes depending on how you split it up.  Mine made 4 and I only ate 2.  I had it topped with Walden Farms maple syrup and a couple of slices of bacon.   I plan on trying to make a bread pudding with the rest if I can find some time today... I couldn't remember where I found it and I'm not sure if this is the original poster/creator of this recipe because you can find it all over if you google it.  I think this is the original though:  http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipes/recipe-bread13.html

This does not taste like it is made with pork rinds in the slightest little bit if you don't use the brands that have the heavy pork rind flavor.  There are some brands that I can't eat because of the pork rind smell or taste...so I'm picky with what brand I buy.   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A different twist on french toast
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:22:53 AM »
You would like the french toast recipe in the Fat to Skinny Bakery book TooSweet :) Grandson loves it.Its made with protein powder

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
Yes...I have that one on the list of things to try too   :)  I just had some pork rinds to use up before they went stale on me.  I thought what the heck...LOL  Just something new to try.   ;D ;D  Experimenting today......Giving another go at the lavash  (The first attempt didn't hold together very well)   ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:14:34 AM »
I love the biscuits Umpa makes from pork rinds (page 50 in the Sugar Free Bakery Book)

Rosemary Biscuits
Ingredients

   3 cups pork rinds ground into flour
   1 tablespoon garlic powder
   1 tablespoon onion powder
   3 tablespoons fresh rosemary( or dried if you prefer)
   8 eggs
   4 teaspoons baking powder
   1 cup parmesan cheese

Directions

1.   Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.   Grease a cookie sheet.
3.   Put pork rinds in food processor and grind into flour.
4.   Put all dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well.
5.   Beat eggs in a separate bowl.
6.   Add eggs and cheese to dry ingredients. Mix well.
7.   Roll batter into balls about the size of a golf ball.
8.   Place on cookie sheet.
9.   Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Take off cookie sheet and cool.

TIP- Taste best warm or toasted!
If you don’t have a food processor crumble in bag with hands then roll rolling pin over bag to get it as small as possible.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)