Author Topic: Nice Comment  (Read 4946 times)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice Comment
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:08:19 AM »
My family went to Subway for dinner tonight and while we were standing in line my 7 yr old daughter hugged me around the middle and then said, "Mommy, you have a skinny tummy." (She was good there she could've stopped and I would've been happy but she went on and said more whether she should've or not). "Not like Daddy, his tummy is big!" Oh my goodness I could've fallen on the floor laughing. My husband overheard and he said, "Hey!!" and he laughed! Lol. Luckily my hubby is a good sport. ;) I keep telling him his carb-laden, sugared up food is gonna catch up with him soon. Okay maybe it already has. ;) Sometimes I catch him skipping the bread on his burger but then still orders a Dr Pepper. *Shakes head in frustration*. Still, I dwell on the "skinny tummy" part if the comment. That's always been a trouble spot for me. I was flattered to hear that because that girl doesn't lie! She tells it like it is haha! Gotta love kids! I just thought I would share my funny story. I guess my efforts are paying off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nice Comment
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 08:30:58 AM »
 :D :D :D I LOVE THIS!!!!  TOO FUNNY! I love kids!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:34:01 AM »
Isn't that wonderful :) What your hubby needs is a blood profile to see how high his triglycerides are. They should be around 60. What we tend to forget is that we don't just gain weight on the outside, we also gain weight on the inside. Triglycerides form plaque inside our arteries and they are a direct result of high glucose levels.  :-\
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »
Isn't that wonderful :) What your hubby needs is a blood profile to see how high his triglycerides are. They should be around 60. What we tend to forget is that we don't just gain weight on the outside, we also gain weight on the inside. Triglycerides form plaque inside our arteries and they are a direct result of high glucose levels.  :-\

So true, Doug! :)

And when most people think of fat, they think that it only "surrounds" their muscle, bone, and organs.
The fact is, most fat is concentrated around the internal organs like the heart and lungs.
Is it any wonder obesity is such a dangerous health risk?

And Michelle... That was very sweet of your daughter! :) :) :)
I sure hope your husband accepts what he apparently already knows!

Tony

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:05:56 PM by mouseissue »
What you do today is what matters!

Kim P

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »
Awww - sweet story and I know it made you happy!!  My hubbie is eating low carb (part time) and has still lost 20 pounds.  He only has about 10 pounds left to go.  He was so proud showing me how he could take off his shorts completely without unbuttoning them!   :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 01:56:26 AM »
At least a child used its powers of honesty for good instead of evil for a change  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
i am not so sure daddy didnt think her evil :D
KimP that is great you must be proud of him! ;)

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »
Lol everyone! Yes for once she used her powers for good towards me lol! Daddy handled the comment just fine though I think but the whole situation was amusing! I wish he would get his blood work done. I get mine every year and just had the tests done yesterday. Last year my triglycerides were 63...not bad though my total cholesterol was 245 so I'm hoping this years readings will be better. However I won't be as worried if my LDL were the big fluffy kind of LDL at least that'd be something. Still, I'd like my total cholesterol to go down and I think it might have because I haven't been veering off plan anymore so that's a biggie towards better numbers!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 05:00:01 PM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

You should ask your husband to get a full blood panel when he gets his annual physical.

Blood tests can tell doctors not only what's there, but what may be soon coming.
Most good doctors do this automatically each year.

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »
True, I think I will ask him to do that so we can get an idea "where he's at" so to speak. I'm sure he wouldn't scoff at that too much. Hey guess what? He's now converted to drinking tea and water and no more sugar! Yay! I have seen him occasionally drink a Dr Pepper but he hasn't brought anymore soda into the house for a while. :) I'm happy about that. He'll even tolerate a little Mio drink mix in his water if he gets really bored with water. He is also liking the Kool-aid sugar free liquid flavoring (made with liquid sucralose, sugar free) In his water bottle. It's a lot like Mio and he actually is kicking his soda habit! Yay!!! He's started reading labels and finding out things with the least amount of sugar in them. I may have to show him the FTS YouTube videos so he can learn just what actually turns into sugar in the body and that starches are just glucose molecules chained together and raise your blood sugar even more than pure table sugar because table sugar is approx half glucose, half fructose and the fructose goes to the liver first to be processed whereas the glucose chains get broken apart very quickly in the intestine/stomach and go straight to your blood. I was floored when I realized that even whole grain wheat bread has a higher glycemic index than table sugar! Whoa, that was not what I expected! Very interesting fact though!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »
 ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Hi, Michelle! :)

That's great!!! ;D ;D ;D
Sounds like your hubby is starting to catch on to what sugar does to his body.

Tony

Happy2bthin4me

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 01:00:17 AM »
Yeah and he's getting tired of his little beer belly lol. Or maybe he's tired of getting teased about it at work haha. Either reason for his improvement is okay by me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:01 AM »
Yeah! :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile