Author Topic: GG Crispbread questions  (Read 4127 times)

downeast

• View Profile
GG Crispbread questions
« on: October 24, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
Before I splurge and pay $8 shipping to have a package of Crispbread mailed 500 miles to me, could you helpful folks please answer some questions for me:
1) Is GG Crispbread a hard cracker like Ryvita, or is it soft like bread?
2) How long will it last once the package is open? I would be the only one eating it and I don't want to be throwing out half a pack of mouldy or stale bread.
3) How is the taste? Is it actually tasty, or just tolerable. How does the taste compare to the One Minute Muffin?
Thanks.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: GG Crispbread questions
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 08:45:32 AM »
Downeast, the GG Crispbread is hard like Ryvita, maybe a little harder.  I put the opened package in a ziplock bag in the cupboard and don't eat them often, but they seem fine, they are not like a saltine.  I have my extra packages stored in the freezer to keep them fresh and they are not soggy when I take them out.  Everyone's taste is different.  They are not salty like regular crackers, and not sweet like bran muffins, I think it's what you put on top that makes them good.  I like to have something to change up my regular breakfasts and lunches. They are filled with fiber and low in carbs.  And as far as the One Minute Muffins, well they are my favourite, so nothing compares to them (have you tried them as pancakes?).  Hope this helps.

DoreenBar

• MSN Messenger - halfway37@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:58:01 AM »
WoW!..I hope your ordering other things for that 8.oo gurl!!..They last at least as many days as there is in a package and having just 1 every day..lol..If u understand that..I keep them in a zip lock bag and have one every morning with almond butter..They fill ya up and Ive actually required a taste for them now....They are very hard!!!..The muffins are something totally different from them...I buy packages all the time and never have a problem with them when I get to them... ;)
Live each day as if it was on purpose.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »
We keep them in a ziploc in the fridge they don't get stale that way.$8 shipping for one pack is terrible.I order them straight from GG.

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »
$8 shipping for one pack is terrible.I order them straight from GG.
Umpa, if she ordered them from GG she would also have to pay duty & shipping to Canada which which is more than to a US address.   Hopefully Downeast you are ordering more than just the GG from the Low Carb Grocery.  Look over their site good  before you place your order, they have almost everything that is mentioned in Doug's book and on the forum.  Have you found the LaTortillas in your area, if not they have them, as well as all of the Dixie Diner products and the flavoured syrups. etc.  When you order a bunch of stuff, the $8 shipping doesn't seem like a lot and remember if you order over $100 shipping is free.  If you have friends or family that are also doing FTS you can add their items to your order and split the shipping costs, if any.

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »
the gg's are good but not for everyone.  they are very crunchy, which i like and perfect for nut butters as Doreen said, also good with chicken or tuna salad etc. sometimes i order a whole case but lately i have been ordering 10 at a time from netrition. i am fond of them for many reasons, one of which is that they are how i found out about doug's book  ;D

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

thedaltons6

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 08:32:48 PM »
hey there
im new here too and called our local whole foods and they have them! also, our local health store. Im not sure where you are but you may want to check...just a thought.
I didnt think i would like them either but i smear a bit of cream cheese on the them and yum.. they are kind of crispy chewy. i think they are plesant and a nice treat...
hang in there :)
weight loss Center is your best free resource for [url=http://www.fattoskinny.com/]weight loss[/url]

paulachappell

• View Profile
    • An Ounce of Heart Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »
welcome daltons6, looking forward to FTS'ing with you

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Romans 12:2

SouthCarolinaLady

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 10:56:55 AM »
GG Crispbread:  They look like dark brown pressed sawdust to me!!!  I thought I would not like them, but I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE THEM!  I also put them in a ziplock bag and usually keep them at work and at home (and took on vacation).
I put Philadelphia cream cheese with bacon bits and sprinkle "accent" on one cracker.  (10 crackers per package)  Another way I eat them:  I usually break one cracker into six pieces and slice 6 small pieces of sharp cheese to go with it.  It is worth eating these crispbreads for the fiber alone.
I would be happy to mail you a package from SC before I spent $8 on S/H fees (part of my Southern hospitality culture!!!).  Just send me a personal email if you want me to do this for you.  They are under $4 per package in SC.  Take care and have a great day!
SouthCarolinaLady  (Susie)

downeast

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »
Thank you to everyone for your answers. Thanks also to Susie for your generous offer to mail a package of Crispbread to me. That is so sweet of you. However, I took the plunge and placed an order online for a few packages and a couple other products. If I find that I like the products then I will order more next time and the $8 shipping will be absorbed into a bigger order. Cost of shipping is just one of the prices I pay to live in a beautiful, remote area. Last week I drove 120 miles (240 round trip) to get to a health food store to buy some canned black soy beans. Don't worry, I managed to fit in some other shopping as well while in the city. ;)

friedpie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 09:16:32 AM »
If you don't care for the crispbread as a sort of cracker, I've ground them into meal and used them in meatloaf to replace the saltine crackers.  FYI if you do that, make sure you add extra liquid to your recipe because the crispbread will soak it up.

Friedpie