Author Topic: Help please.  (Read 5284 times)

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
Help please.
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:32:27 AM »
      Eating the FTS way in my house is not always easy, it has been very hard some times. Wife and daughter eat regular diet and do not want to hear about what I think is best. I missed my calling. I like to preach  ::) My wife has done Atkins before with success. She says it is to hard to stick with. She hates veggies  :-\ go figure. Likes meat, potatoes and romaine lettuce along with lots of starchy stuff rice etc etc. Her sister lives with us has full blown type 2 and lives on candy sodas and everything she should avoid, she is a grown up and can eat what she wants. My house has a wide range of stuff I do not eat or want, drives me crazy.  
         I have faltered a little "not bad" but am going to get back on track 100%! I have never felt better than when I followed Doug's plan. So to get to the point I am going to be checking in and asking for support like only this forum can give. I know I can do this, just not on my own. Thanks for the shoulder.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:35:59 AM by Phil »
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

joagain

Re: Help please.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 04:54:10 AM »
lean on me  ;D

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 06:26:34 AM »
Hey Phil,

I know exactly how you are feeling.  I was thinking yesterday that if I didn't have to cook dinner for my wonderful hubby I could do a lot better in the evenings.  Weekends and evenings are my downfall because he can eat anything he wants.  He's very supportive of what I am doing but it's hard to prepare him the "old" meals that I used to eat.  I've tried to explain that if I eat correctly during the day that I am not hungry when he is.  He is still the three meals a day mentality.  Of course, he is eating the higher carb foods too so, of course, he will be hungry when I'm not.  Last night I decided today I will figure out his dinner and just not eat if I'm not hungry.  Hopefully he will be okay with that.  Stick to your guns, you know what you need to do to feel better.  ???
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:12:03 AM »
We're here for you Phil. It's tough having the carb stuff in the house at first, but you can do it. In a few weeks it won't even faze you that there are carbs around. Also, when you start rocking it out again they will come on board, that's how it happened in my house.

Remember, we're here for you...and you CAN do this!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 08:16:43 AM »
Yep, that's a difficult situation Phil. Here's what I would do. I would go get myself a cheap used refrigerator and put it in the garage, I'd put my food in it and put a lock on it. I'd also set up a cabinet for the dry goods and do the same thing. Eat when you're hungry, not when they are....eat what you want, not what they want and stay out of "their" fridge and pantry. Hang in there buddy and keep leaning on us, we've gotcha.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »
Phil we are here for you my dear friend! If I can ever help please ask :)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »
Hi Phil! :)

Like many others here, I too understand the challenge you're facing.
It's not easy changing a lifetime of bad eating when some of those same foods are in your home.

When I started FTS, my wife did not start with me.
And although she is eating much fewer net carbs now, she eats more than 20 grams a day (under doctor supervision).

Although, we both now steer clear of refined sugars and starches, she will eat so-called low carb snack bars.
Some of these bars that have up to 17 net carb grams each! :o
I am not willing to sacrifice almost a whole day's carb allowance one one snack bar!

As time has gone by, I've gained more and more ability to easily avoid eating things that would mess up my progress.
This is especially important for me as I am one of those "slow losers".

So hang in there, buddy!
Just make up your mind that you will succeed and in time, things will get much easier for you! :)
What you do today is what matters!

joagain

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 02:00:12 PM »
It will get easier I was totally addicted to bread any bread . I could make toast with my coffee I would start with 2 pieces ,but when I ate those 2 I wanted 2 more & 2 more it would not stop . 

When I made my FTS decision last year I have not had 1 piece of that bread , I make sandwichs for my husband everyday with it and have for a year it was very very hard at first ,but now  I dont even want it . My husband has not stopped what he eats since I started

Oh and everyone knows how good microwave popcorn taste and smells , He makes hisself 2 bags every night and me & Tyler dont even care . Still smells good  :o

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:02 AM »
 Thanks for the all the great replies. I was out of town looking for work. Stuck with FTS for most of the time. I am going get real serious now no more cheating !
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 07:55:30 AM »
Phil, Keep on keeping on.  It is harder at first when the rest of the family isn't on board, but it is doable.  And after a while, you don't care about the other stuff being around.  You didn't specify who the primary cook of the house was.  I follow the KISS idea (Keep It Simple Stupid!),  cook a primary protein (chicken, beef, fish, shellfish, pork, etc), then a vegetable (salad, broccoli, grilled veggies, etc). If you have carb eaters, they can fix their own.  It has worked well with my teenage daughter.  Or, if you are nicer than me, at the beginning of the week you can prep rice or potatoes and have it in the fridge for them to heat up if they want to.  Keep in touch with us, we will help you through!  :)