Author Topic: Needing help/suggestions  (Read 1975 times)

BlackCat

• View Profile
Needing help/suggestions
« on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:08 PM »
About two years ago I started going on this lifestyle change following the books recommended way of eating (for the most part) and lost 100lbs. In the last year of living with my boyfriend I've put back on 30lbs and I'm having a lot of trouble getting this weight off.

I've started exercising more, lifting weights, going bike riding, walking. Although I've gained muscle I still haven't lost weight (or inches) and can't seem to win this struggle. It's really frustrating.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I'm trying to avoid using sugar-free substitutes as much as possible, most of them cause my stomach to hurt a lot, especially aspartame. Stevia isn't too bad. Given that, I'm having troubles finding snacks. I use things like carrots and corn which I know I probably shouldn't but I'm not too sure what to replace them with. I'm not a fan of mushrooms or peppers sadly, so that limits my options a lot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Needing help/suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »
Welcome Blackcat! I am Umpa,Dougs wife if I can help you please ask ;) You have to stay under 20 carbs per day to lose weight.Corn and Carrots and other high carb foods will cause you to spike your blood sugar then crash, leaving you hungry again.Exercise is great for cardio and building muscle but not necessarily for weight loss.Water is extremely important to flush the fat out.So is sleep.Congrats on the 100 pound weight loss! You should reread the book. ;)

shawn116

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:17:18 AM »
Welcome BlackCat   :)  Umpa is right.  The first thing I would do is reread The FTS book.  The corn and carrots are keeping your body burning sugar for fuel and not fat.  Take a look around the forum there are tons of snack ideas listed especially in the recipe sections.  I'm sure you will find something that tickles your fancy.  The great thing about most of the recipes on here is that you can use what ever sweetener is right for you.  If you experience tummy upset you might consider FTS zero or just simply stick with the stevia.   :)  Please come in often and join in the fun .... we are all here to help eachother  ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:58:05 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, BlackCat!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

TooSweet has given you great advice.

Looking forward to hearing more about your FTS journey. :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »
Hi Black Cat, welcome to the family :) Snack trays are a big part of our lifestyle and their really easy to put together and keep in the fridge. We have many snack tray recipes the book and on the forum.

I'm sensing you're looking for "sweet" snacks. Have you checked out the FAT TO SKINNY Sugar Free Bakery book yet? That book is loaded with all kinds of sweet snacks made from low carb ingredients.... I have cookies every day! :) The sweetener we use is the FAT TO SKINNY Zero Sweetener.

You can check out both here- http://www.shop.fattoskinny.com

Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)