Poll

Any suggestions?

Need help
0 (0%)
Raging sweet tooth
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: I need your help please  (Read 15473 times)

shawn116

Re: I need your help please
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:27 PM »
I allow myself 2 squares of 85% chocolate per day

I hate to say it but eating things like this will keep you in that detox mode....or at least drag it out.  I understand what you are saying...it's low carb but even low carb things will derail you if eaten at the wrong times or to much of it. 

I can hear a lot of frustration in your posts....I can so understand.  We have all been where you are....some even worse.  I believe you have convinced yourself you are going to fail before you even get stated.  Take a deep breath and tell yourself you are important enough to give it a go. 

Recipes are easy....meal plans are easy too.    ;)  Give us a list of things you like to eat on a regular basis and we can give you some suggestions.

They are whey powder, which is 1.5 carbs, with decaf coffee (0 carbs), flax and chia (I need to have something in me that will help me poop and these are virtually carb-less, a little unsweetened almond milk, a little half and half, some raw cacao (1 carb), stevia.
  These don't sound too bad.....you could probably tweak them a bit.  Maybe use 0 carb heavy whipping cream and what brand of raw cocoa do you use that is 1 carb?  Can you post the brand?  My local grocery has a 0 carb cocoa powder...I'm wondering if you can find that where you are? 

For more fiber I love to use the one minute muffins....they are so versatile and so filling.  You can make them as a muffin or put the batter in a frying pan to make pancakes or waffle iron for waffles.  I like to make up a bunch of muffins and throw them in the freezer.  20 seconds in the micro in the morning with my coffee and I'm in heaven.  The flax keeps things moving along...if you know what I mean.  You could have one of your smoothies with this.   ;)  I would cut out the fruits for now.  You must be super sensitive to natural sugars.  Even if they are in the eating plan....I would avoid them for now.

Keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge (for egg salads, deviled eggs or eaten as is) and meets and cheeses.  When you want to go on a grazing moment reach for those.  Make some more of those yummy wings.  If you need something sweet....like I said before grab a sugar free hard candy.  Instead of the crackers use lettuce leaves.  Do you like jello?  One of my favorite things is the sugar free jello with whipped cream.  (good for that sweet tooth)  Once you have gone through detox you can explore some of the yummy goodies we have in the recipe sections.  I store mine in the freezer to keep from splurging to much or often. 

I'm wondering if you are taking in way more carbs than you realize.  When you blend things to liquid it takes so much more of them to make a decent serving amount.  You could easily get out of hand with your carbs quick.  I'm not saying you can't have them but you may want to limit them a bit.   If you are staying hungry you may need more protein in your diet.   

Here is a point I wanted to make as well.  This is from one diabetic to another....I'm assuming you are still taking the same amount of meds.  When you change your eating habits your sugar will go crazy on you.  I don't know about you but when mine went high or low my first impulse was to eat something to feel better.  I hate feeling sick  :P :P  That could very well be a driving force in the cycle you are on.  Have you spoken with your doc about what you are trying to do?  They could very well help you to regulate your sugar and meds as you come off of the carbs.  Until then you are going to feel pretty lousy.  Personally it became very evident very quickly that I didn't need the meds any more.  They were making me sick  :P   Before you change anything on your own though....please speak to your doc. 

Next....sleep is very important.  There are more and more studies that prove the health affects of sleep deprivation.  I have struggled with insomnia and depression all of my life....it does make a difference.  My suggestion....get plenty of exercise or activity that makes you tired (I have arthritis and can't exercise very much  ;) ) Do what you can to get a better sleep scheduled.  Your body needs to do it's thing while you are sleeping. 

I know this is a book....I'm sorry to go on like this but I so want you to see that this is something well worth doing....you are worth it.  You are not alone here!  Like Maddysmom I wish we lived closer...I would come over and talk you through it. 

Give me an idea of what you would like to eat and I'll find you a recipe  ;)  http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/15/three-ingredient-chocolate-bars-1/  Here is an idea to replace your chocolate bar when you are ready and through detox.  I would suggest using as close to 0 carb cocoa as you can  ;D  Hang in there!!  We are just a post away  ;)

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 10:04:57 PM »
Hi TooSweet, thank you, I read it all.  Read my 3 new posts today, I'm doing better.  With you all here for me, I can't fail.  I have cut out the smoothies for now, but that does give me MUCH less phytonutrients.  Oh well, I can have some berries back after some weight loss...or when I reach goal.  I am sensitive to sugars, very.  I would like the recipe for the muffins you are talking about please.  I don't eat gluten, but they prob. don't have any, please tell me that one.  Please read what I ate today, I posted it, and tell me what I did.  The brand of cacao is Navitas Naturals raw, organice cocao powder, I love it.  I only use 1 TBSP, which makes it only 1 net carb.  I can use less of it too.  Perhaps I'm starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel now.  I'm traveling to Vegas next week, I will do the right snacks.  I ordered (online) some low carb, xylitol sweetened jelly and ketchup...and some crackers that are zero carb and gluten free.  Yay!  A little expensive, but I'll let you know how they are.  I am keeping track of my blood sugar and hope to lower my insulin soon like I could last year when I was 173.  Right now, I'm prob. around 210, I refuse to weigh, so I'm not sure, but I can tell, due to my experience wth how I feel at certain weights.  I'm only 5'1".  I want to lose at least 80 lbs.  As for the exercise, I need it.  I've been sedentary for many months now.  I finally got my husband (who's depressed because he's been laid off for over a year) to take a walk with me today in the freezing air...at least five minutes, it's a start.  I will continue and keep adding time.  I used to work out, so I have muscle memory going for me.  I have a strong body, but I've been ruining my health badly all my life, but esp. these last few months.  Again, thank goodness for all of you.  Tell me how I did and if you are able to see my other 3 postings from today.

shawn116

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 02:32:22 AM »
Hi Marian...yes I read all and responded to all of them  ;)  You are doing so great!!   If you don't see the other posts let me know and I'll give you some more links for recipes.  One thing though....by looking at the label on line for your cocoa powder it seems to be actually 2 carbs for that one Tbs.  Here is the link: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/navitas-naturals-organic-raw-cacao-powder-16-oz.html?osCsid=3e1c935dd31d8167c7ffeaacc237c6ea

I understand that some products will change up their packaging....that is why it is so frustrating and you should always look at them before buying...even if you have bought them before.  It just shows though how being off by just one carb can make a difference  :-\  When you only have 20 net carbs....you tend to get stingy with them...Haha   Giving those other things up doesn't mean you have to forever either...just until you have a handle on things and more control.

Just remember baby steps!  Hang in there.....You've got this girl!!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »
Hi Marian, have your read the FAT TO SKINNY Fast and Easy book yet? I have a record of you buying the Sugar Free Bakery book but not the core book. ????
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
Marian have you read Fat to Skinny Book or only the Fat to Skinny Bakery? :)

shawn116

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »
I have a record of you buying the Sugar Free Bakery book but not the core book. ?

That could explain some of the confusion  ???

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »
... I have a record of you buying the Sugar Free Bakery book but not the core book. ????

Hi, Marian! :)

I agree with TooSweet.

If you haven't read Doug's book, it will be more difficult for you to get completely on board with the FTS lifestyle.
Going through "sugar detox" is challenging enough without that burden.

We're all here for you, Marian.
But please read that book so that the help and support we offer will be more effective.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
Yes, I have the original book, I don't have the bakery book at all, but I'm interested in it if it has sweets I can have gluten free and stevia. All I have read is the original book so far.

maidmarian

• Maid Marian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2013, 01:47:54 PM »
Here's what happened, Doug...I looked back on my records and the here's the reason you see no record of my buying your book...I was reading "Living Low Carb" by Johnny Bowden, whom I like a lot.  He gave your book five stars and the way he described it and its simplicity I knew it was the book for me.  I went to eBay and found it there.  I bought it right away.  It obviously was sold to me by someone else, not you.  I have the original, hard-copy book with the yellow cover, copyright 2008.

shawn116

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 02:31:02 PM »
Good to know Marian  :)  It's nice to know we are all on the same page  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:35 AM »
Marian the flours used in the Fat to Skinny Bakery Book are golden flaxseed,Flaxseed ,Almond Flour(I prefer unblanched),Soy Flour ,Walnut,and hazelnut.  ;)

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: I need your help please
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2013, 05:56:39 AM »
We are with you Marian. Don't give up