Author Topic: Not losing  (Read 3635 times)

Penelope

• View Profile
Not losing
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:12:02 AM »
Been on this plan since the day after Christmas and have lost nothing.  Am sticking with it despite that.   I only have 10 pounds to lose and wonder if that is the problem.  I know it is easier when it was more weight to lose, but when can I expect to see the scale show some evidence of no sugar and only the 20 grams of carbs????

shawn116

Re: Not losing
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 09:50:24 PM »
Hi Penelope welcome to the FTS forum family.  I'm sure you are right, the less you have to lose the harder it is to notice.  My last 10 took a long time to go.  I bounced back and forth quite a bit.  First thing I would suggest is to post your food log.  Include everything that passes your lips with the carb counts you have come up with.  Many times folks just starting out miss calculate the net carbs or miss something simple like using powdered splenda etc.  If you post your menu we might see what is slipping you up.  Secondly be sure to be taking your measurements.  Many times we will lose the inches when the scale isn't moving  ;)  Thirdly if you are eating sweeteners, some are very sensitive to them and will stall while eating too much.  Portion sizes are also important and if you are eating when you think you should instead of when truly hungry.  All of these things can play a part in a stall. In any case we are here for you.  Post your menu and lets see what you got  ;) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 09:03:01 AM »
Hi Penelope ! Welcome to the forum.I am Umpa , Dougs wife. If I can help you please ask.TooSweet gave you great advice.When people start and they are not losing its because they are missing something like splenda (which has carbs ) or condiments.If you post we can see where the carb creep is coming in. ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
Interesting I didn't know Splenda had carbs.  Hmmmmmm.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:12:07 AM »
Every little yellow packet is one carb. Try Zero you will be happy.No tummy upset. ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
Interesting I didn't know Splenda had carbs.  Hmmmmmm.
Hi, Sunshine! :)

Knowing the carb content of everything that passes our lips is critical to success.

Here are a few websites I use to check carb counts;

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/
http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:58:24 PM »
So I've now had a couple days of just maintaining but happy to report just shy of an inch came off the mid section so I'm thrilled and enjoyed wearing a pair of jeans that  I hadn't fit into for a while.  The whole scale thing just makes my logical mind go bonkers. ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 09:40:26 AM »
I dont use a scale just my clothes,scale is evil! Your weight fluctuates too much especially women. ;)

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »
Amen :). I'm learning but still drives me crazy that I ha ave no weight loss to report.  I eat about 1200 - 1400 cals a day and usually under 15 carbs sometimes under 10.  Just doesn't make logical sense - glad you understand.  Unless you think that's too many calories. & I need to cut back?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Not losing
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 07:02:36 PM »
Forget calories just do carbs 20 or under

Sunshine

• View Profile
    • Sachs Central
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »
Ok thanks for being my virtual ear to vent to and shoulder to almost cry on in frustration ;). 20 carbs ok, got it.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
Always here for you Sunshine :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 08:17:25 AM »
Hi Penelope, welcome to the family! I'd like you to be very accurate and post what your eating and drinking on a daily basis. Be sure not to skip anything including condiments. Just write it all down in a note pad as you eat then post on the forum so we can review your intake.
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)