Author Topic: Coming up on one year.  (Read 3248 times)

jaybee

• View Profile
    • Email
Coming up on one year.
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »
I first bought Mr. Varrier's book about 4 years ago.  I would read, then re-read it for a couple of years.  A year ago I decided to do low sugar/carb.  Automatically, I walk around 20-25 pounds less  every day, than I had since about 2000/2001. First it was 10 lbs. pretty quickly, I was happy.  Next, it was another 10 to 12, and I don't have much more to lose.  It first started out as learning then a hobby, which it still is.  I think the replacing is the most fun about it.  What really got me interested at first was the history of sugar. I had heard about low-carb before, but now it was more than only science. It made more sense after looking at sugar being introduced centuries ago. Then, sugar and grain becoming part of our culture made the situation clear.  The science behind all carbs breaking down to blood sugar is interesting. What is really easy for me to understand is that your body can't burn fat until all the sugar is burned up first. Get sugar and carbs out, then your body has no choice, simple.  Then, in the book explaining how conditioning relates to calories I finally saw it's really all about diet.  I competed and coach wrestling which burns a lot of calories.  No workout can keep up with a huge amount of carbs and sugar intake.

Here is the last thing that sealed it for me a year ago: the low-fat 90's fad. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but replacing all the fat with sugar??!  They had to know.  I'm a little embarrassed that I bought into low-fat.

So, all possibilities with low carb/sugar keep me very interested, along with the clear, quick, obvious results.  The only thing I haven't tried yet are the sugar free sweets, that's next.  :)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Coming up on one year.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »
Well done jaybee  :)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:25 AM »
The sweet treats are wicked good Jay  ;) There are tons of recipes on the forum,ask umpa, and with 50 posts you can get the Fat to Skinny Bakery book. I am making a coconut cream pie for my dad today ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
Hi Jaybee, it's so nice to meet you, welcome to the forum, be sure to visit and post often, I LOVE to hear from readers.  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »
Welcome to our FTS family, jaybee!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

You have acquired the knowledge, so you have the power.
Now, you can use that power to make yourself healthier and skinnier in the process.

I've been living the FTS lifestyle for about 2.5 years.
I was VERY unhealthy, on meds, and generally a mess before FTS.
Now, I feel half my age, I no longer take meds, and my energy level is crazy! ;D

I did it... And so can you! :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!