Author Topic: birthday dinner to attend tonight YIKES  (Read 3300 times)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
birthday dinner to attend tonight YIKES
« on: June 28, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
Hi all,

I was just - 20 min ago, invited to a birthday dinner tonight for my best friend.  A lot of people will be there.  Even though I have lost the 10 lbs in my first week -YIPEE!!!!  I am still not perfect enough not to fall off of the "wagon" when enticed with yummies I haven't had in a week.  Any suggestions? 

I've thought about eating before I go, drinking water, but I'm still nervous.  It's my best friend, otherwise I wouldn't go.  She's very supportive, so no problems there - I'm just worried about my temptation level and the other folks.

HELP

Francine

katary

• Global Moderator
  • loose weight & hang with justin bieber:) i did:)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katary
    • View Profile
    • gary and becky koehler show
    • Email
Re: birthday dinner to attend tonight YIKES
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:27:44 PM »
advice:) stick to your guns...there is bound to be something there for you that is okay to eat...we went to my 14yr olds birthday celebration in april at our favorite pizza joint,everybody had pizza,except for poor ole me :'( i had a great salad w/blackened chicken on top...i was jealous at 1st>>> but when i looked around at all the carbaholics....i just smiled inside... just make up your mind before you go that you are not going to let sugar get the best of you!!!!! GOOD LUCK ;D

beebs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
Take food with you! I take my own food everywhere.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »
Beebs is right, stop at the store, get a container of carb smart, strawberries and reddi whip, make sure you call ahead and find out the menu so you can be prepared IE; if she's serving burgers bring your own wrap, either low carb tortillas or romaine lettuce leaves. Bring some almonds, sugar free gum to chew on, sugar free beverage.... but most important.................  pick up a 10 pound turkey and carry it around the store with you while your shopping......that will drive the point home  ;)  You either smoke or you don't, drink or you don't eat sugar or you don't...there is no middle ground for you right now. Stay strong, get skinny!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 04:47:58 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!

You all are great!  I called my friend and she thinks her husband might grill steaks so that means salad probably - which gets me half way there too.  I will bring some stuff like you all suggested.

But I gotta tell ya, the turkey image you had Doug really brought the point home.  I'm sitting reading and at first I said to myself, "huh" and then like lightning it hit me!!!!!!!  What a terriffic way to remind me of what has just happened this past week and how I feel and how I want to keep feeling.

Many cudos to you all!

Francine