Author Topic: A SPLENDA QUESTION  (Read 4072 times)

crystalhummer

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - slayermommy
    • View Profile
    • Email
A SPLENDA QUESTION
« on: June 29, 2010, 09:29:47 PM »
Hi all,

First of all - just a note - I came through my birthday dinner with flying colors - they had steak with no marinade and salad (both great for me) and then ther was the baked potato, rolls, baked beans and corn - all of which did not scream my name (well maybe the corn) and then during cake time I had my sugar free jello and whipped cream!!!  Guess what?  I rock!!!!!

Anyhow, I had sweet tea - about 3 glasses made with Splenda and I knew I had seen "something" about Splenda having carbs - I told my friend but she said no - it's great.  I read the posts when I got home.  I'm trying to figure out how bad I was.

Also, I usually take my iced tea with nothing and after drinking 3 glasses  (HOT, HOT, HOT IN AZ),  of the splenda tea I had some very bad heartburn.  I don't think I've had heartburn like this in, well forever.  Could the Splenda cause bad heartburn.  Inquiring minds and all that!!

Francine

beebs

• View Profile
Re: A SPLENDA QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:18:25 AM »
Splenda has 1 carb per packet. :-X

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
Beebs is right, but if its the only choice then use it.Pop a couple stevia packets in your purse next time, cause if you are anything like me, you don't just drink one glass ;)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »
I'd say the heartburn came from the type of tea she served. High caffeine can cause it as well as tea leaf residue. I am Very Very proud of you for living the life during times of temptation! Well done  ;D
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

owensmath

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45:29 PM »
Crystal, if you're honest with yourself, you'll know deep down inside that it feels so much better to make the right choices than to taste for 30 seconds something that is not good for you.

You should be very proud of yourself. You passed the hardest test: the first one! Way to go!

Phil

• Realize how rotten sugar is for your health.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 11:56:01 AM »
Crystal, Good job! Oh yea  ;D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
And if I claim to be a wise man. It surely means that I don't know... Kansas