Author Topic: Sugar Free BBQ Sauce recipe  (Read 18091 times)

shawn116

Re: Sugar Free BBQ Sauce recipe
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
Wow I will try the xylitol in it next time to.  BBQ chicken sounds really good!!  I wonder if adding sf maple syrup would do the same?? 

And thanks guys you are right about hubs.  I am hoping to have my house a sugar free/low carb zone before long.  He was really pleased with last nights dinner.  I served the Cajun turnip fries and steamed broccoli with the hamburger steaks.....yummmm   later he came to me asking if we still had that (Umpa's) carrot cake left. ;D ;D ;D  My grams always told me that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach....LOL  ;)   If it taste good he will eat it. 

Umpa I'm almost afraid for him to get started with this..... He might show me up!!! :o :o  LOL  just kidding  It would be wonderful if he could do it with me.  I worry about his health and want him to be around to make me nuts for a long time  ::) ;)

BarbaraBuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 07:13:42 PM »
So happy to see this post! Just this week I made little smokies for my son's wedding reception. I ate a small portion, but was getting over the # of carbs.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »
Barbarabuck all will be well!Isn't it amazing how aware you are of sugar now! :D You and toosweet are both at 14 pounds lost! You guys are doing great! :)
All the hubbies come around eventually toosweet!I don't know if it is completion or they want to look as hot as their wives! :D
They just don't want to starve to lose weight. :D Whats hubs favorite meal and dessert?If I can replace it maybe we can get him on the road to good health! ;)

shawn116

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
Hi Umpa 

Yes you are right I think I could convert him as well.  We were talking the other day and he said that it seemed to him it would be hard because he would miss the potatoes and bread.  He says he isn't picky but in truth he really is.  He admitted to me that he didn't like the cauli-mash.  I think he just doesn't want to make a diet change.  I keep telling him that he doesn't have to eat the things he doesn't like to make this work.  One of his favorite meals is chicken Alfredo but I know he won't like the shirataky noodles.  I'm having a hard time with them myself.  It isn't a taste thing because they take on what ever flavor you are putting them in, it's more of a consistency.  Maybe I am cooking them wrong??  I watched Doug's video and did mine the same way and they were a bit chewy (for lack of a better word) I'm hoping we can come up with a way to make our own noodles.   He does talk about it more and more though so I know he is feeling he need to keep up.  I'll keep working on him  ;)

jen1975

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:22 PM »
Hey TooSweet - try the yam fiber noodles (I think brand name is Miracle Noodles).  Similar to the others in how you fix them and all that, but they have a less rubber-bandy texture than the Tofu Shirataki ones!  They are still a little chewy, but no where near as bad!  I found other brands of them at the Asian market here in Denver, all are 0 or 1 carbs per serving that I found.  I also like zucchini sauteed in a little garlic and olive oil instead of noodles.  My hubby will eat either one, but won't touch the Tofu Shirataki (probably my fault since he saw my reaction to them lol).

shawn116

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 11:26:39 PM »
Thanks Jen

I will have to try those for sure.  I guess I just thought they were the same....LOL  I like the sauteed zucchini as well.  I usually use that for my spaghetti.  I will keep trying with the hubs  ;) 

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 10:53:34 AM »
I also use the miracle noodles because they are lighter.I just got a whole box of stuff from the asian grocer and I will be doing recipes and reviews.
Maybe chicken Parmesan or eggplant Parmesan  is a better choice,no noodles required.Once he starts dropping weight toosweet he will love whatever you cook. ;)

shawn116

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »
I know you are right Umpa..... he will come around  :D

sweeties

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:36 PM »
I just tried your sugar free bbq sauce on seared pork and it was good. Really good especially for dipping. Thanks

shawn116

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
Glad you liked it  ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 09:04:47 AM »
Jo this is a beautiful sauce :)