Author Topic: It's worth it  (Read 2849 times)

Mimzy

• View Profile
It's worth it
« on: August 12, 2011, 12:51:29 AM »
Hi there everyone, it has been awhile since I have been on the forum let alone posted.  Well it is official, I have reached my goal and feel great!  So, here is my story.  Back in December 2010, I was overweight, having heart issues, and not liking myself much.  My cardiologist told me to ride a stationery bike to try and get my heart regulated.  I went home and thought about it for a month. Then I bought one and rode it at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.  But I was still having problems with a racing heart and fatigue. After a vacation I never seemed to get back on my bike.  In March, my Mom heard Doug on the radio, and called suggesting I check into FTS.  The next day I went and bought the book, read it, and my life changed.  The journey has not been as difficult as I originally thought, although I did have some very frustrating plateaus that lasted for weeks.  There were times that I wondered if it was worth not eating some of the things that I have enjoyed.  But I am here to tell you it is worth it.  I feel great and look good.  I even look nice in a bikini again.  My tummy is flat and I lost 5 inches off each thigh!!!  I mow my lawns, (haven't done that in years) been painting, and busy all the time.  But besides all that the cardiologist has released me from his care.  I have been at my goal for a couple of weeks, and have eaten a few things that I probably shouldn't have. Only because I found that then I want it more. Now I will still eat the same for the most part but would like to add some more fruits for a little variety.  The best advice I can give those of you who are still journeying to your goal is... Don't give up.  The sense of accomplishment you feel when you reach your goal is amazing because you did it for yourself.  You are the only one who will truly benefit from all you have endured both physically and mentally.   It IS worth it.  ;)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
Re: It's worth it
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »
Yeah Mimzy!!!!    ;) :D

I am so glad to hear you have reached your goal.  It only helps me stay strong.  The more folks praise FTS the more I stay determined to do this.  Like you, I am doing this for ME...not any other reason.  My health first of all and second for my mental health, I want to like myself again.  Being overweight (I have have always been "pudgy" since high school) is sooooo depressing, which caused me to eat more, depressive eating and binge eating.  I have been a yoyo "dieter" for years and finally "maintained" my weight around 205.  Finally, with FTS (thanks to TooSweet!!, Doug and Umpa) I am seeing smaller numbers on the scale.

Looking forward to being in your shoes.  Congratulations!  :D
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

joagain

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 06:34:19 AM »
congrats Mimzy!!!! I hope to be where you are this time next year !!!! If I am lucky before that !!!  Congrats again !!

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:04 AM »
I'm so happy for you Mimzy :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »
Congratulations, Mimzy!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »
YEAH MIMZY!!!!! I am so happy for you! You must feel amazing!! ;D Before and after pictures please!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 11:38:24 AM »
Hi Mimzy! :)

Thank you for the words of encouragement!
Every time someone reaches their goal, I become that much more resolute to reach mine.

I'm so happy for you Mimzy!
I will be joining you in celebration this next year! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 11:24:35 PM »
That's great Mimzy!!!