Author Topic: I found a way to eat regular pizza, delivered and all!!  (Read 2674 times)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
I found a way to eat regular pizza, delivered and all!!
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:21:41 PM »
I just ate pizza and it was yummy. I have a local pizza place that I absolutely love. I haven't had them in a year and half since I went on FTS. So today when my guys wanted pizza I said lets go for it. They ordered my favorite which has bell peppers, sausage, mushrooms, cheese and super light on the sauce. When it arrived I took one of my low carb pitas and cut it in half. Carefully slide the top off one piece of pizza, cheese and all into half the pita. It was the PERFECT size for half a pita. I did that with another piece and had what really reminded me of a calzone. Now the pita has four carbs and even though I believe the topping was 3 or less, I gave it five just to be safe. It was AMAZING and super filling. Great way to have pizza with everyone and not get all the carbs.  I love FTS!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: I found a way to eat regular pizza, delivered and all!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »
Great idea, Sherri! :)

The next time my wife and I go to an event where pizza is served, we'll do this!
Normally, we either avoid such events or bring along something else that's FTS-friendly.

Thanks!!! ;D ;D ;D
What you do today is what matters!

ShihTzuMom1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »
I do that too SherriPie.  The first time my husband ate the empty crust to not waste it.  I think he has gotten used to it now and knows this is what I do.

Mimzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 11:25:19 PM »
I have done this with my pizza since I started FTS.  When you have kids around it makes it easy to have pizza and enjoy it with them.  Even though I loved pizza crust I was amazed that I didn't miss it.  If you haven't tried this yet, you need to.  It is yummy!!!   ;)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »
What a great idea sherripie! :)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 09:25:57 AM »
I do that too SherriPie.  The first time my husband ate the empty crust to not waste it.  I think he has gotten used to it now and knows this is what I do.

I wanted to touch on this sentence- "The first time my husband ate the empty crust to not waste it". When I was growing up my parents who came up during the great depression were adamant about not wasting food and eating everything on our plates. They also had a big serving mentality. I think that came from when they were kids and not knowing where the next meal would come from. I think it's important for us as parents to serve our kids smaller portions and if they want seconds it will be up to them.

In the meantime we as people shouldn't look at uneaten food as wasted food if we know it will hurt our health, instead we should look at it as a trophy to our self control and determination to live a longer more healthy life. So....what does one do with the uneaten pizza crust or the dinner rolls served at the table. Well I know of lots of hungry birds out their who would love your bread. AND you'll get the enjoyment of birds in your back yard  8)    
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

suzlyn454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »

In the meantime we as people shouldn't look at uneaten food as wasted food if we know it will hurt our health, instead we should look at it as a trophy to our self control and determination to live a longer more healthy life.    

All I can say is this really hits home.  8)
Look out Hawaii, I'm on my way!!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »
My parents also lived through the Great Depression.
They had the very same mindset as yours, Doug.

Servings were heaping and HUGE! :o
And if I did not finish everything on the plate, my mom would ask if I was feeling OK.
I would then hear about a bunch of starving kids in China... Oh the guilt of it!

Is is any wonder our nation has become so fat?
What you do today is what matters!