Author Topic: Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 8 weeks  (Read 3326 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 8 weeks
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:10:50 AM »
Dropped 2 pounds this week, not too shabby!  I was concerned because I kept thinking, this is the 7 day period that includes Thanksgiving.  But I really didn't veer off course on Thanksgiving.  And this is also the 7 days that included 21+ miles of running, so that probably helped some.

Speaking of which, I need to get out the door and do 4 miles right now.  My calendar today includes some computer repairs here in my home office, shipping a laptop to Maine, a couple of on-site computer deliveries, and then dinner with my brother in law and nephew who are visiting this week.  I always run first thing in the morning, otherwise it wouldn't happen!

Hope you all have a super-successful week!

Scott

shawn116

Re: Scott in Florida - Oct 3 + 8 weeks
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »
Go Scott go!!  I sure envy you with the running....You are doing so great!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Busy is good! ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:42:13 PM »
Good for you, Scott! :) :) :)

And Umpa's right!... Staying busy keeps can keep one from grazing in the kitchen.
And it helps prevent false "boredom" hunger. 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

Val Copeland

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
Good for you...running! That is something I wish I liked but don't.  LOL How do you do it during the really hot months down there? I used to live in Palm Harbor back in the 80s and was in great shape. Several mornings a week I walked to Dunedin beach and back. Mighty hot!
"Do something today that your future self will thank you for."

scottinflorida

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
Hi Val - I live in Safety Harbor, not too far from Palm Harbor (I have a lot of computer clients in Palm Harbor).  And we go to church in Dunedin.

I will admit I enjoy running when the weather is cooler, but I ran all through the summer without slowing down, carrying water and staying hydrated.  I guess my trick is that I do my running before the sun comes up.  I like being out there when it's dark, quiet, no traffic, and definitely cooler.  This morning I did my long run of 11 miles and I started out a little before 5 am.  It was light out by the time I finished, but that's because it takes me a couple of hours to do a run like that.  But this time of year the temperature is nice anyway.

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:46:52 AM »
Hi Val! Welcome to the forum :) I am Umpa ,Dougs wife . If I can help you please ask.I have a column on the home page called ask umpa where I can convert your favorite foods to fat to skinny friendly. You are gonna do great and we are gonna help you. ;)