Author Topic: Hi Guys!  (Read 1738 times)

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
Hi Guys!
« on: April 30, 2013, 05:11:29 PM »
sI am so sorry for the incosistancy in my posts!  :-[ But between dr.s appts. and work! It being only "5" more weeks till schools out!!(I drive a school bus)Things are kinda crazy at work! Half the time I don't know if I'm coming or going!
Anyway, some good news! AND Just by following what Doug said! "Just because she makes it, doesn't mean you have to eat it!" At first, it was totally nerve wracking! Basicly haveing to fight her on a daily basis, then with the food issue too! But, once I got over that hump! It was so funny, one night, she made baked chicken AND mac and cheese! Do you know how hard that was for me to say no?! Especially with her standing there watching us make our plates! She was like Stephanie, you don't want any? And I said, no mam, I'm good! I could tell it ticked her off, but I had stood up to her! And have been doing it ever since!
I am back down to my size 16's again! And Lord it feels good! ;D  Also, I was a junkie when it came to sodas! My favorite one was Mntn. Dew!!! Miss that stuff! But, husband and I got the flavored water, which is just as good to me! I just needed flavor in the water, know what I mean? I've even given up sweet tea totally! I figured I was giving up sodas, might as well, do away with the tea too!
ANDDDD....Doug, you'll love this one, it's actually been, only one whole day since no nicitine! I'm surviving so far, but I'm just to the point of filling my body with all the junk that's out there. And yes, she still gets the donuts, and no, I don't eat them, at all. And to tell you the truth, I don't even miss them.
Also, can giving up all that sugar make you feel sick?

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi Guys!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
HiYa Stef! Sick??Detox. I am so proud of you and hubby!!!!Sounds like you are taking control!! Good for you!We missed you! ;D

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:51:24 PM »
Hi, Stephanie! :)

Kudos to you for standing up for you health! :) :) :)

And a big CONGRATULATIONS on giving up nicotine! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I did that three months before starting FTS because I wanted to be certain that I would not start again.
And to this day (over 2.5 years later)... I'm still nicotine free! 8)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

shawn116

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »
FTS and kicking the habit are in my top 10 best decisions of my life  ;D  Great job Stephanie!!!  I'm glad you came in to say hello!  We've miss you around here  :D

Snobles

• Eat to live, not live to eat!
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanics Wife
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
Thanks guys! It was HARD at first! Not even gonna lie! But after that first hump, everything was fine. I guess the initial shock to my system on feeling sick? I'm over it now, and have lots of energy! LoL... But, yep, she still cooks the same way, but we eat the way we know we should, and who cares what she does with the rest of it. I'm just soooo tired of putting all that junk in my system. Knowing it couldn't be any good! Of course!
I will try to post more often! I am sorry! Once I get on a roll like that, I just go with it!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Hi Guys!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
I am very proud of you too and awesome that you have put boundaries in place.