Author Topic: Scott in Florida - 41 weeks  (Read 2100 times)

scottinflorida

Scott in Florida - 41 weeks
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Stayed the same this week, not an ounce higher or lower.  Seems like these last 12 pounds are wanting to take longer than the first 68!  No matter, my resolve is stronger.

This is the difference between temporary weight loss (like wanting to look good for a particular event) and long-term weight loss (wanting to have a healthy life).  Once you have the proper mindset, the day to day ups and downs don't really matter.

Hope you all have a great week!

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott in Florida - 41 weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
You're absolutely correct Scott! :)

I think the last few pounds take the longest to lose because they have been on our bodies the longest.

This would have to do with our bodies' "set points".
See this for a concise explanation; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setpoint_%28control_system%29

By following the FTS rules, our bodies have no choice but to eventually lose their excess FAT!
What you do today is what matters!

momx04

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:30 PM »
Scott,  you say it so perfectly. 
My scale hasn't moved all month.  Re-adjusting, plateau, stall...whatever you want to call it...but I will not give up!  It doesn't matter.  This is the way I live now, this is how I eat now, this is how I exercise now...the rest doesn't matter.

Thanks for the link Tony.  Knowledge is power!

Keep moving forward, and stay the course...no matter what...it works!

Theresa

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
~ Dr. Suess

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »
 :) :) :) I am so proud of all of you.It is so wonderful to see people take control of their lives. :) :) :) :)