Author Topic: Sweets or Treats  (Read 1706 times)

morgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sweets or Treats
« on: March 13, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
It seems I need some sort of guideline for Sweets or Treats.

So opinions people - sweet or treat or how often.  Do you consider a OMM a sweet or treat or something to incorporate daily since it so versatile?

.  one minute muffin (made with flax)
.  one minute muffin (made with almond flour)
.  baked cheesecake (no crust)
.  umpadoodle
.  sugarfree jelly/jello
.  sugarfree lollies
.  sugarfree chocolate
.  raspberries
.  raspberries & cream

and how often is too often.

Stephanie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Sweets or Treats
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »
Morgan, when I stalled for 3 months I was eating diet jello and whbipped cream almost daily, I was having sugar free candy several times a week maybe about 5 days, and I tried a few baked goods.... once I stopped them for a few weeks completely is when the scale started moving again along with decreasing my dairy and increasing my water.... now that the scale is moving again (slooooooowly) I eat diet jello once a week or so and sugar free candy maybe once or twice .as hard as it is I would highly recommend u "shock" ur body and go cold turkey for one week, u might be really surprised at ur results. What do u have to lose , but a few pounds ;D

shawn116

Re: Sweets or Treats
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »
I agree with Stephanie   Although I about faint at the idea...Haha   :o :o   This is such a hard one for me  :-\   I struggle with it daily   sigh.....

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Sweets or Treats
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 09:52:02 AM »
Hi Morgan, we're all different but generally speaking the first things we all need to stop during a stall are sweets, especially sweets with sugar alcohols like the lollies and sugar free chocolate BUT if you're keeping all of your serving sizes to a minimum you should be able to have a bit of sweet each day.

During my weight loss I had SF Jello and whipped cream almost every night. I also had hard sugar free candies in my pocket all the time. I think you simply need to start from a baseline which works for you. Take it all away for 3 or 4 days and see if your stall breaks. When the scale starts to move again re-add slowly starting with berries. This way can test the various sweets to see if any one or combinations creates a plateau for you.  ;) 
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)