Author Topic: Newbie Question - Plateau  (Read 2771 times)

ksanthula

• View Profile
Newbie Question - Plateau
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:35 PM »
I just started F2S about 2 weeks ago. I lost 6 lbs the first week and absolutely nothing the second week >:(. Has any one else had this happen so soon after starting? I followed the plan to a T.

shawn116

Re: Newbie Question - Plateau
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
Hi ksanthula welcome to the forum  :) 

Everyone is different so we lose at a different pace.  Also what will stall one person may not bother the next.  My best advice I would give you is to post your daily menu.  Be sure to include everything that passes your lips including and the carb counts that you are counting for them.  Many times it is the simple things that we over look or under estimate the carbs.  Also some folks are very sensitive to carbs and have to lower them even further to see the scale move.  In any case we all are here for you and would be glad to help  ;)   

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15:39 AM »
Toosweet is correct ksanthula, list your foods and beverages AND condiments in detail here so we can all take a peek. Welcome!  8)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
Welcome to the FTS family, ksanthula!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

It's likely some little things like condiments (ketchup, for example) may be effecting your progress.
Also, be sure to drink LOTS and LOTS of PLAIN water EVERY day! It aids in the weight loss process.
And, make sure you're getting a good night's sleep each night. Sleep deprivation can shut down weight loss, too!

You will do just fine!
And we'll be right here to help you reach your goal and beyond! :) :) :)

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:53 AM »
 :) ;D

ksanthula

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks so much to all of you for your comments and tips. I am not giving up! I can live without sugar to have such tasty and delicious food. I have not written down what I have eaten but I have been studying every label. If it has sugar, I throw it back. How do you feel about caffeine? The only thing that I changed in the second week is I deleted most of my caffeine. I started drinking de-caffeinated coffee and green tea I/O regular black tea.  I immediately noticed some fluid retention in my fingers. To be honest, I have a suspision that this has made me retain fluid - there goes my weight "loss" for week 2.

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »
... I have not written down what I have eaten but I have been studying every label. ... How do you feel about caffeine? The only thing that I changed in the second week is I deleted most of my caffeine. I started drinking decaffeinated coffee and green tea I/O regular black tea.  I immediately noticed some fluid retention in my fingers. To be honest, I have a suspicion that this has made me retain fluid - there goes my weight "loss" for week 2.

Hi, ksanthula! :)

No two of us are alike.
Some of us require fewer carbs than 20 carbs to maintain progress.
While others can do so with a bit more.

A large part of the FTS program is learning how our individual bodies respond to what we eat.
By not recording what you eat, it will be more difficult for you to learn how your body responds to different foods in different amounts.

I've been living FTS for over 2.5 years and still record everything I eat and drink.
To this day, I discover certain foods that don't effect others, can effect me.

I strongly urge you to record everything that passes your lips.
Doing do, you an make easy minor adjustments as needed while minimizing the time you'll need to reach goal.
You can also keep online records for free with sites like FitDay.com.

Regarding coffee, I usually drink three cups of regular coffee each morning.
Since research has found moderate amounts of caffeine are good for us, I'll keep my regular coffee!
In all things, moderation is key!... Too much of ANYTHING is bad for us!

The caffeine in regular coffee is a diuretic (i.e. removes water from our cells).
If you're eating too much sodium (salt) like found in many packaged foods, that can cause water retention.
Consider these two things in your case.

Tony
What you do today is what matters!

jay12

• Shalom to you!
    • View Profile
    • Israeli stiuation-a very desperate one!
    • Email
Re: Re: Newbie Question - Plateau
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 11:57:08 PM »
Tony,  I still do the same in always recording everything I do eat. No matter how many years of eating

ksanthula

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
Dear Tony, Thanks so much for your input. I am also taking into account your first comment about drinking enough water. When you mentioned that, I realized too that my water intake slipped in my second week. You all are great.