Author Topic: Zevia Caffeine Free Cola  (Read 2770 times)

ereino

• View Profile
Zevia Caffeine Free Cola
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »
Can anyone provide information on Zevia Caffeine Free Cola.  My friend brought it in for me at the office and the label reads as follows:

Zevia is a Stevia sweetener drink, all natural soda that has no sugar,  no calories and no artificial sweeteners.  It has 20 mg sodium.  Zero calories.  Naturally flavored.  I am drinking the Cola at the moment.  I hear it comes in a variety of flavors.  I thought it may be 'toooooo sweet' but it isn't.  It is quite a pleasant taste.  My friend at work - her husband is a chiropractor, speaks to groups about nutrition.  I just introduced him to your book, Doug.  I also sent him a post on an article that Tony posted about how sugar is a killer and how sugar is the only energy source that keeps the cancer cells alive in our bodies.  He had read this article just a few days prior getting my article.  What a coincidence.  He is now an advocate on reducing sugar from the diet.  He said he was only going to eat fat and protein, but I mentioned to his wife, my co-worker, that veggies must also remain in the diet - the good veggies.   Anyways, tell me what you think about this Zevia drink, if you have heard of it.

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Re: Zevia Caffeine Free Cola
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 04:21:24 PM »
Hello Ereino, if the soda contains no carbs enjoy it :) Thanks for passing on the info to your friend, the more the merrier :)
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

mdanziger

• Getting Started is the Hardest Part!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
Erino,

One of my local supermarkets carries Zevia.  I have tried several flavors and have enjoyed them.  My store carries three or four flavors, but the website (www.zevia.com) lists 15 flavors.  However, I find them expensive (something like $3.99 per six pack).  I switched to Waist Watchers brand (don't know if that is regional or national) because it is sweetened with Splenda rather than Aspertame, and it is cheap compared to Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.  For cola, I have been drinking Diet Rite.

Mark

ereino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:50:26 PM »
Yes, I believe Doug mentioned Diet Rite in his book.  I am going to have to give that a try.  I enjoy the Zevia, but can't seem to drink down the whole can......which in my mind is wasteful not to mentioned expensive.