Author Topic: Fresh or frozen Edamame...Delicious!  (Read 16111 times)

Doug Varrieur

• Author
  • Administrator
  • Commited to helping the world :)
    • View Profile
    • Best Weight Loss Book Ever Written! FAT to Skinny Fast and Easy
    • Email
Fresh or frozen Edamame...Delicious!
« on: March 01, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »
Edamame (soy beans) are a delicious way to snack on a filling delicious source of protein. Most people eat Edamame as a dry salted crunchy nutty snack BUT did you know Fresh Edamame is absolutely delicious and simple to prepare.

Bring a pot of salty water to a boil over high heat. cut the stalk ends off the beans so the salty water can get into the pod. Add the beans to the water after it reaches the boiling stage and cook for 2-3 minutes. Strain the beans and place them into a mixing bowl. Add a bit of olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the beans and mix. Now simply plate them and enjoy! To eat them use your teeth to slide the beans out of the pods. Eat the beans and throw away the pods. Cook the frozen beans the same way, simply drop the frozen beans into the boiling water and when the water comes back to the boil remove them. You can find frozen Edamame in your local frozen veggie section.

Great finger food and great for you!
Keep The Faith, Stay The Course, Spread The Word on Facebook and Twitter  8)

Rena

Re: Fresh or frozen Edamame...Delicious!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
Thanks for this post, Doug!

Our local Albertson's had both types in the freezer, so I'm going to pick some up next time I'm in town. I know a lady who eats them like potato chips. LOL!

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
I just tried these at my sons house .Very good.I am a picker though.I think the carb count is without the shell though.i eat the shell and all.I think that ups the fiber. :D

Rena

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
I found some of these at Target, of all places!  :D

beth823

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
Can I use the beans that are already out of the shell? I bought a bag recently.I

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »
yes,check the carb count and adjust your serving size accordingly.I like the roasted edamane too ;)