Author Topic: using splenda  (Read 4015 times)

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: using splenda
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
I should try it. The dollar tree has the crystal light single packs so i bought a bunch of those ,love them. :)

ES15

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
Hi ES15 I just wanted to warn you to be very careful, the splenda and most look alikes you find in the stores actually have carbs.  For instance the splenda you find in the bag to cook with actually has 24 carbs per cup.     The calories and carbohydrates come from the dextrose and/or maltodextrin, which are added for bulk.     If I remember right Doug suggests to count each packet as 1 carb

Thanks Toosweet! It definitly has maltodecxtrin in it. You just saved me alot of extra carbs. Not fair that they get to say 0 on the label! 

shawn116

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
Those labels are sneaky sometimes  ;) 

ES15

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 11:04:08 AM »
Can someone double check this for me. The s/f syrup I use says PARTIALLY sweetened with Splenda. I didn't see dextrose or maltodextrin in the ingredients list but I just want  to make sure I got this right.

http://www.hungryjack.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?groupID=74&prodID=1042

shawn116

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »
Hi Es15  That is the same kind that I use.  I like it the best out of what I have tried so far.  In many products that have SUCRALOSE (splenda) in them they don't use the same splenda that is mixed with the dextrose or maltodextrin.  I'm pretty sure they only use the liquid form.  They will put that in it to make it appear more like table sugar to sell it to us.  It would be listed on the ingredients list if it was used in there.  The same way with Coke zero, Mio, etc......
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 11:47:32 AM by TooSweet »