Author Topic: luv fruits and veggies  (Read 5349 times)

SherriPie

• Global Moderator
  • Start today, change your tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
Re: luv fruits and veggies
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:47 AM »
Sherrie how do you cook your broccoli ? Do you eat it the same way everytime ?

I am a cheese garlic broccoli kinda of girl. Just a little tiny bit of fresh garlic (not to much or it over powers it), some butter and nuke it for 4 minutes. Stir it up, add some real grated cheddar cheese and nuke it for 3 more minutes. It is SO good!! My husband does some elaborate stuff to it but when I make it, I just nuke it. I also found this really good freshly frozen organic broccoli at publixs which only has 2 carbs per cup. I could eat it all day for every meal. Yummy!!
Check out my latest book on my Author Page at Amazon.com!
http://www.amazon.com/Sherri-Ann-Smith/e/B009G5C0SU/

Or read my weekly column "Byte of Life" at the Feminine Collective
http://femininecollective.com/byte-life-sa-smith/

umpa

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
Tony I don't disagree with you.I crave apples from time to time and i will take paperthin slices and put cheddar cheese slices on them.I eat no more than 1/8 and apple at a time. I just don't think any food should be forbidden. Thats why I like extracts and infusions like banana and orange.all that flavor and no carbs ;)

mouseissue

• Global Moderator
  • Low Carb for Long Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »
Tony I don't disagree with you.I crave apples from time to time and i will take paperthin slices and put cheddar cheese slices on them.I eat no more than 1/8 and apple at a time. I just don't think any food should be forbidden. Thats why I like extracts and infusions like banana and orange.all that flavor and no carbs ;)

Hi Umpa! :)

I know that a feeling of deprivation can make any lifestyle change unpleasant and can lead to failure.
That's one of the main reasons I love FTS so much! :)

However, I've also learned on my FTS journey that apples will mess up my progress.
The three times I ate a very small amount led to stall outs with one instance leading to a gain.

No two of us are alike.
For someone else like yourself, a little apple may be no problem at all.

This is one of the beauties of this lifestyle.
As we go along, we learn much about our bodies that we may have never before known.
This knowledge not only helps us reach our goals. But helps us stay there! :) :) :)
What you do today is what matters!

Rena

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 11:52:14 AM »
Crunch Packs apples (just the plain without other fruit or caramels) are 6 net carbs.

I noticed at Disney World that the little packets of apples they offered were only 6 carbs, too. That's a high number depending on what else you're eating, but it was 'do-able' for me there because I needed something healthy and had less choices than I would at home.

http://www.crunchpak.com/products/mini-bags/